The Student Room Group

UCL digital humanities or business/sciences somewhere else

I wonder if digital humanities at UCL would be better than studying business/management or social sciences at uni that's not in RG?

I'm not asking about course choice just I choose what i'm interested in (when it comes to courses) but only one of the courses of my choice is in RG and that's digital humanities at ucl
With all due respect, why not study computer science instead of digital humanities? You'll have significantly better employment prospects.
Original post by rickyrossman
With all due respect, why not study computer science instead of digital humanities? You'll have significantly better employment prospects.

I'm talking about course at postgrad level and because of my undergraduate level I can't choose computer sciences and such and I don't really want to go through undergrad again. My choices are usually business related, politics, development, society etc, but also was thinking about digital humanities or creative industries. It's just a matter of uni choice.
Original post by confusedkid0
I'm talking about course at postgrad level and because of my undergraduate level I can't choose computer sciences and such and I don't really want to go through undergrad again. My choices are usually business related, politics, development, society etc, but also was thinking about digital humanities or creative industries. It's just a matter of uni choice.

You can chose computer science. Lots of great universities offer postgraduate (1 year) conversion courses that don't require a math/science background. Are there any jobs for graduates in digital humanities? If so, how much competition?
You can chose computer science. Lots of great universities offer postgraduate (1 year) conversion courses that don't require a math/science background. Are there any jobs for graduates in digital humanities? If so, how much competition?

I honestly don't know, it might be a bit weird but I don't know much about this stuff, I base my choices on rankings, RG, student satisfaction % in different rankings and opinions about schools than employment and such simply because I'm not from the UK but since my dad moved to London in November I decided to study on postgraduate level there.
I would be scared of anything with maths as I suck at it and I never liked it no matter how much I tried to like it. But it seems interesting and I really wish I could go more into that kind of courses.
Original post by confusedkid0
I honestly don't know, it might be a bit weird but I don't know much about this stuff, I base my choices on rankings, RG, student satisfaction % in different rankings and opinions about schools than employment and such simply because I'm not from the UK but since my dad moved to London in November I decided to study on postgraduate level there.
I would be scared of anything with maths as I suck at it and I never liked it no matter how much I tried to like it. But it seems interesting and I really wish I could go more into that kind of courses.

See this is why the government needs to fund the careers service better.
See this is why the government needs to fund the careers service better.

Agreed, not only in UK but everywhere

Quick Reply

Latest