The Student Room Group

Do I have a chance of studying Law at Cambridge University?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by CollectiveSoul
no. not unless you get 100.0% in your LNAT.

Though my knowledge, Cambridge scrapped the LNAT a few years back...? Correct me if I'm incorrect.
Reply 61
Original post by Notoriety
Sorry, let me rephrase. For Cambridge Law applicants, getting A*AA is the easy bit. For them, it is getting an offer which causes the bother. All of them will have A*AA predictions, many will far exceed this come Results Day, yet only a small percentage will be lucky enough to get given an offer.

correct me if I'm wrong, although, you will receive your offer well before results day (conditional most usually) or your rejection. if you got an A*AA then you've met your requirements and the offer will be yours. I think what you're trying to say is getting the offer initially is the frustration part of the Cambridge application process...?
Original post by skaurax
correct me if I'm wrong, although, you will receive your offer well before results day (conditional most usually) or your rejection. if you got an A*AA then you've met your requirements and the offer will be yours. I think what you're trying to say is getting the offer initially is the frustration part of the Cambridge application process...?

I don't know what you mean. I will stick with what I said in my posts, which is reasonably clear.
Original post by skaurax

Yes, you're right, but what Notoriety was saying, was that a large proportion of applicants have predicted grades exceeding A*AA. Given that prediction is based on prior attainment and that what they've attained prior to Y13 is projected to exceed A*AA, a lot of them would find this the easier part.

So yes, even if you're predicted 4A*, but come out with A*AAC, you'll still be accepted (unless it's churchill who set A*A*AA offers, and in that scenario, many could that be harder than getting the offer).
Yeah but Churchill went there. Think of the history.
Yes, a lot of colleges that were built in the 1900-2000 period at Oxbridge have this awful combination of modern and old architecture.
MIT reminds of UCL but with fields instead of concrete haha.

At least it's consistently crap. The London colleges have this problem where some buildings are a lot newer than others, so it ends up looking really silly when there's the 1851 Chemistry tower next to the new business school - place is so dusty and the benches wobble.

edit: this intrigued me to go and look for the nicest unis and Columbia looks amazing, jesus.
(edited 6 years ago)
Coming from someone who didn't read law.

And didn't study at Cambridge.

Lastly, thinks Cambridge uses the LNAT.

you don't need to read law, study at Cambridge, or have knowledge of Cambridge's law requirements to know the OP is over-ambitions. i can also help you detect areas where you may be over-ambitions, pm me for advice x
Reply 68
Original post by Kyber Ninja
Yes, you're right, but what Notoriety was saying, was that a large proportion of applicants have predicted grades exceeding A*AA. Given that prediction is based on prior attainment and that what they've attained prior to Y13 is projected to exceed A*AA, a lot of them would find this the easier part.

So yes, even if you're predicted 4A*, but come out with A*AAC, you'll still be accepted (unless it's churchill who set A*A*AA offers, and in that scenario, many could that be harder than getting the offer).

I completely understand now, thank you :smile:
you don't need to read law, study at Cambridge, or have knowledge of Cambridge's law requirements to know the OP is over-ambitions. i can also help you detect areas where you may be over-ambitions, pm me for advice x

You absolutely do.
You absolutely do.

why are you giving notoriety a kiss?
Original post by Kyber Ninja
why are you giving notoriety a kiss?

Well, I have heard harrowing tales about St Andrews. Very familiar with their fellow man is how I'd summarise it.
Well, I have heard harrowing tales about St Andrews. Very familiar with their fellow man is how I'd summarise it.

UC Berkeley would love them.
Reply 73
No, he showed us anything is possible. Not mere hope but real-life demonstration. Magical.]

I think its naive on your behalf, i stated I only got one A, did i reveal any of my other grades? No, for all you know i could have gotten 8 A* and yet you bit the bullet.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending