The Student Room Group

DO I NEED TO ASK A QUESTION AT END OF SIXTH FORM INTERVIEW?? Help please!

I have a sixth form interview tomorrow and am worrying about whether I should ask a question at the end. Originally wasn’t going to but now realising that maybe it’s expected to do so. Is it? And what sort of questions could I ask?
THANK YOU!
Reply 1
You don't have to, and I wouldn't worry too much about a sixth form interview. If it would make you more comfortable to ask a question then something along the lines of what extra curricular activities are available, are there opportunities for volunteering, what support is offered in the UCAS process of applying to uni, or anything about your specific course
I always got the advice that they like to hear questions bc it makes you look interested or whatever. I asked questions like "what kind of other opportunities/clubs and societies are on offer here?" You could also ask about how EPQs are done there or go back to a part of the interview you want to hear more about. But if I didn't have a question, I just said I didn't have any if they didn't ask and it was no big deal. Don't stress about it - ask if you have a question, and don't if you don't.
Reply 3
If it were me, admittedly I am far too old for 6th form, I would ask questions about the teachers you'd likely be studying from. What did they do at university, do they only have undergrad education? How long have they been teaching for? Have students performed well under them?

If you have any personal problems, I would ask about them. Will I get support when X happens? Who do I speak to if I'm having trouble?

You could also simply put it to them "I want to study X at Y university, is this the place that will help me get there or realistically is another 6th form in the area going to suit me better?"
Reply 4
Original post by flabi
You don't have to, and I wouldn't worry too much about a sixth form interview. If it would make you more comfortable to ask a question then something along the lines of what extra curricular activities are available, are there opportunities for volunteering, what support is offered in the UCAS process of applying to uni, or anything about your specific course

Thank you very much! Good suggestions x
Reply 5
Original post by orderofthelotus
I always got the advice that they like to hear questions bc it makes you look interested or whatever. I asked questions like "what kind of other opportunities/clubs and societies are on offer here?" You could also ask about how EPQs are done there or go back to a part of the interview you want to hear more about. But if I didn't have a question, I just said I didn't have any if they didn't ask and it was no big deal. Don't stress about it - ask if you have a question, and don't if you don't.

Thanks, definitely was stressing about it a bit 😂so thanks for your advice x
Reply 6
Original post by mhsc
If it were me, admittedly I am far too old for 6th form, I would ask questions about the teachers you'd likely be studying from. What did they do at university, do they only have undergrad education? How long have they been teaching for? Have students performed well under them?

If you have any personal problems, I would ask about them. Will I get support when X happens? Who do I speak to if I'm having trouble?

You could also simply put it to them "I want to study X at Y university, is this the place that will help me get there or realistically is another 6th form in the area going to suit me better?"

Thanks a lot! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest