The Student Room Group

Having really hard time at sixth form

Sixth form right now is so awful. I actually dread waking up in the mornings to go and relish any days where I can have off. I’ve fell out with my two best friends who are in my form because they constantly left me out and were just not good friends, but now that we don’t talk I’ve noticed that they have indirected me a few times while I’m sitting there and it makes me so uncomfortable and not want to be there at all. I’m kind of my own in form because most our form is quite small and most of them are friends with my ex best friends and stay with them, which means I can’t sit with them because they’ll be with my ex best friends so it’s awkward. I’m really contemplating moving forms, but the girl I’m friends with is in a form with loud people that I don’t really like, so all in all, I’m pretty screwed for these two years. I really don’t want to be in form anymore, I don’t like being around my ex friends, I hate it.
Original post by Anonymous
Sixth form right now is so awful. I actually dread waking up in the mornings to go and relish any days where I can have off. I’ve fell out with my two best friends who are in my form because they constantly left me out and were just not good friends, but now that we don’t talk I’ve noticed that they have indirected me a few times while I’m sitting there and it makes me so uncomfortable and not want to be there at all. I’m kind of my own in form because most our form is quite small and most of them are friends with my ex best friends and stay with them, which means I can’t sit with them because they’ll be with my ex best friends so it’s awkward. I’m really contemplating moving forms, but the girl I’m friends with is in a form with loud people that I don’t really like, so all in all, I’m pretty screwed for these two years. I really don’t want to be in form anymore, I don’t like being around my ex friends, I hate it.

Maybe you can move sixth forms?

If its a good school though I would just work hard on studies, smile, but listen t music or read a book. No need for direct enemies and if you have to be on your own for the next 12 months then so be it. It will go quickly and all that will matter is exams. Boring I know but worth it.

You could also find some hobbies or volunteer work after school and that could get you more social interaction.

Alternatively you could make up with them which may work or fail dismally. hang on. Sixth form doesnt last long but the reason you are there is important for the next stage in life. You can definitely get through it and grow stronger by caring less.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Maybe you can move sixth forms?

If its a good school though I would just work hard on studies, smile, but listen t music or read a book. No need for direct enemies and if you have to be on your own for the next 12 months then so be it. It will go quickly and all that will matter is exams. Boring I know but worth it.

You could also find some hobbies or volunteer work after school and that could get you more social interaction.

Alternatively you could make up with them which may work or fail dismally. hang on. Sixth form doesnt last long but the reason you are there is important for the next stage in life. You can definitely get through it and grow stronger by caring less.

I would love to move sixth forms, but it’s too late in the year now, I think, and I agree that I don’t want to make and direct enemies, it’s too much energy. Trust me, I tired to make up with them but it failed dismally so now I’ve left it. I’m trying to have that ‘I don’t care’ attitude, it’s just really difficult for me.
Original post by Anonymous
I would love to move sixth forms, but it’s too late in the year now, I think, and I agree that I don’t want to make and direct enemies, it’s too much energy. Trust me, I tired to make up with them but it failed dismally so now I’ve left it. I’m trying to have that ‘I don’t care’ attitude, it’s just really difficult for me.

I get that, so avoid making enemies as you have it spot on it will waste so much time and you lose. Survive and flourish through your exams. that is your future and it does very quickly. Inspire yourself by doing better. It goes fast. Maybe you will find you can do better than them and get to your dream uni or apprenticeship?

Hang in there and try to ignore. It should settle. they arent importnat.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending