The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RickHendricks
depends on what context he said tbh. He might have said it as in getting attacked from racist people.

You've removed a man's source of income. Imagine his family.

tbh i dont think i can back myself up anymore and honestly i will repeat i went and told becasue of him hurting my feelings not because wanted him sacked but the headteacher said that this was his last straw and bam he was sacked ...k?
Reply 21
Original post by anonymous
well haha basically the topic was literally what do we think of god and i said that although i am a muslim i believe the same as most christians and jews believe in becasue we all beleive in one god and well i beleive in jesus as a phrophet than a god and then suddenly he was like yea but thats wrong yu see and i was like excuse me and he said oh yea i am pretty sure that it says that somewhere in your quran as well and i was like no i have read the quran thoroughly and i am pretty sure it doesnt in fact it does not say in the bible the exact date that jesus was bron on the 25th and he was like...well..well that is not the subject young lady !i said god and i was like ok then show me a verse that proves me and he couldnt and i was like ya see and then he gave me a detention so i reported him!!

p u n c t u a t i o n
Original post by Anonymous
tbh i dont think i can back myself up anymore and honestly i will repeat i went and told becasue of him hurting my feelings not because wanted him sacked but the headteacher said that this was his last straw and bam he was sacked ...k?

i'm just saying.

It wasnt ur fault, but from the point of view from the teacher, i'd be pretty mad and from the point of a 3rd person, u took it too far. Detentions aren't even that of a big thing, and only things like isolation or exclusion show up on records.
Is the hijab a compulsion in religion? If so why does it only state in the quran to cover yourself but not the exact hijab. According to historians the modern hijab aswell does not resemeble the same type of covering they use to have in medieval arabia. If you say "well cause the prophet (SAWS) said so" then it is a sunnah and therefore it cannot be a core part of your religion as that is only in the Quran, stated by the Quran.

i really like this question and my answer to this would be that although it does not say WEAR THE HIJAB IT does say cover yourself and hijab literally means head covering and yea when women cover their face as well that is actually because they don't want to be seen by men because they may have a husband etc and not actually because Islam has said do. PLz remember this.. the hijab does not make Muslim women better than a muslim women who does not wear the scarf it simply reminds them that they are muslim. A bit like if we got to choose if we wanted to wear uniform or not to a school...the ppl who wanted to remind themselves mentally and physically that they are in school wear the hijab and tbh the prophet actually states its better to wear the hijab than not but remember that a Muslim girl who is forced to wear it is practically not because hijab is a sign of choice and voice. hope that answered your question!xx
Original post by KaJooo
p u n c t u a t i o n

Haha, sorry! I was typing too fast! x :colondollar:
I wish my RE teacher could have been fired for the way she mistreated me just for having a perfectly valid opinion. :unimpressed: :moon:
Original post by Configuration
I wish my RE teacher could have been fired for the way she mistreated me just for having a perfectly valid opinion. :unimpressed: :moon:

thank you for understanding!!
well haha basically the topic was literally what do we think of god and i said that although i am a muslim i believe the same as most christians and jews believe in becasue we all beleive in one god and well i beleive in jesus as a phrophet than a god and then suddenly he was like yea but thats wrong yu see and i was like excuse me and he said oh yea i am pretty sure that it says that somewhere in your quran as well and I was like no i have read the quran thoroughly and i am pretty sure it doesnt in fact it does not say in the bible the exact date that jesus was bron on the 25th and he was like...well..well that is not the subject young lady !i said god and i was like ok then show me a verse that proves me and he couldnt and i was like ya see and then he GAVE ME A DETENTION SO i reported him!!

i'm a muslim and that's not even racist , sounds to me like you overreacted despite his ignorance for an RE teacher
i really like this question and my answer to this would be that although it does not say WEAR THE HIJAB IT does say cover yourself and hijab literally means head covering and yea when women cover their face as well that is actually because they don't want to be seen by men because they may have a husband etc and not actually because Islam has said do. PLz remember this.. the hijab does not make Muslim women better than a muslim women who does not wear the scarf it simply reminds them that they are muslim. A bit like if we got to choose if we wanted to wear uniform or not to a school...the ppl who wanted to remind themselves mentally and physically that they are in school wear the hijab and tbh the prophet actually states its better to wear the hijab than not but remember that a Muslim girl who is forced to wear it is practically not because hijab is a sign of choice and voice. hope that answered your question!xx

I dont disagree with the statement you made but you haven't answered my question. I am saying to you, is it COMPULSORY to wear the hijab? The quran specifically states to cover your Chest area but not the hair. So my question to you my friend is it COMPULSORY to wear it if you are a muslim woman? I am not saying that you cannot be a muslim without wearing one nor that it improves your religion. MY question is simply asking if it is part of the compulsory acts of the religion.
Original post by Ray_Shadows
i'm a muslim and that's not even racist , sounds to me like you overreacted despite his ignorance for an RE teacher

k then,if that what you think
I find it hard to believe he would be sacked over that.
well haha basically the topic was literally what do we think of god and i said that although i am a muslim i believe the same as most christians and jews believe in becasue we all beleive in one god and well i beleive in jesus as a phrophet than a god and then suddenly he was like yea but thats wrong yu see and i was like excuse me and he said oh yea i am pretty sure that it says that somewhere in your quran as well and I was like no i have read the quran thoroughly and i am pretty sure it doesnt in fact it does not say in the bible the exact date that jesus was bron on the 25th and he was like...well..well that is not the subject young lady !i said god and i was like ok then show me a verse that proves me and he couldnt and i was like ya see and then he GAVE ME A DETENTION SO i reported him!!

In your imagination you mean. Obvious troll and teachers dont get sacked for that and especially not in one day.
k then,if that what you think

you probably ruined the guy's life now , over nothing
I dont disagree with the statement you made but you haven't answered my question. I am saying to you, is it COMPULSORY to wear the hijab? The quran specifically states to cover your Chest area but not the hair. So my question to you my friend is it COMPULSORY to wear it if you are a muslim woman? I am not saying that you cannot be a muslim without wearing one nor that it improves your religion. MY question is simply asking if it is part of the compulsory acts of the religion.

Oh sorry, the answer is quite generic tbh because it plays a big part with what culture and background your from however the way Prophet Muhammed and Allah have stated it being compulsory. Here is the verse, take a look yourself...

{يا أَيُّهَا النَّبِيُّ قُل لِّأَزْوَاجِكَ وَبَنَاتِكَ وَنِسَاء الْمُؤْمِنِينَ يُدْنِينَ عَلَيْهِنَّ مِن جَلَابِيبِهِنَّ ذَلِكَ أَدْنَى أَن يُعْرَفْنَ فَلَا يُؤْذَيْنَ وَكَانَ اللَّهُ غَفُوراً رَّحِيماً. {الأحزاب: 59
“O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to lower over themselves a portion of their jilbabs. That is more suitable that they will be known and not be harmed. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful.”
Original post by Ray_Shadows
you probably ruined the guy's life now , over nothing

geez, do you have a profession in drama mate?
this thread is a mess lol
geez, do you have a profession in drama mate?

no , do you take everything so personally ?

Seems like you're selectively omitting key information. He just gave you a detention?
Oh sorry, the answer is quite generic tbh because it plays a big part with what culture and background your from however the way Prophet Muhammed and Allah have stated it being compulsory. Here is the verse, take a look yourself...

{يا أَيُّهَا النَّبِيُّ قُل لِّأَزْوَاجِكَ وَبَنَاتِكَ وَنِسَاء الْمُؤْمِنِينَ يُدْنِينَ عَلَيْهِنَّ مِن جَلَابِيبِهِنَّ ذَلِكَ أَدْنَى أَن يُعْرَفْنَ فَلَا يُؤْذَيْنَ وَكَانَ اللَّهُ غَفُوراً رَّحِيماً. {الأحزاب: 59
“O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to lower over themselves a portion of their jilbabs. That is more suitable that they will be known and not be harmed. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful.”

Was just testing your knowledge my friend, you anwsered well. Can I ask if you are knowledge in the field of intra-faith dialogue? (Schools of thoughts)
Like has been said above. If a student makes a complaint about a teacher, the teacher is not sacked in the same day. These things are investigated and disciplinary hearings are held. All of this won’t happen on one day. I’m calling bull crap on OP.

Latest

Trending

Trending