The Student Room Group

Relationship advice

So recently i've been going out with this girl for nearly a month now, she is possibly the most kindest, loyal person there is for me and i honestly think myself of a **** for thinking this but the looks kind of get me and honestly i don't want that i want to love her like she does with me. Should i stick with her and see how it goes, wait for her to dump me or just dump her?

Scroll to see replies

Wait so you have a nice girl by your side and now you want to dump her? Thats out of order man
move on, likely your young she will get over you, maybe quicker then you think, but if you end up liking or meeting another girl because of your lack of physical attraction and wandering eye... you could break her heart.
Reply 3
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
Wait so you have a nice girl by your side and now you want to dump her? Thats out of order man

i completely understand your point but when you have a girlfriend everyones like who cares about looks but honestly to most people looks do matter somewhat. do i want to dump her? not necessarily
Reply 4
You can't help who you're attracted to, and if you're not really feeling it then you should break it off and not lead her on. Perhaps don't tell her it's because of the way she looks though, be a little more vague about it so she isn't self conscious
Reply 5
Follow your heart
Don’t hurt her. There are plenty of people who don’t have that opportunity.
Reply 7
Original post by flabi
You can't help who you're attracted to, and if you're not really feeling it then you should break it off and not lead her on. Perhaps don't tell her it's because of the way she looks though, be a little more vague about it so she isn't self conscious

yeh i see where you're coming from i am feeling it i mean tbf though i did ask her out under the influence but that aint the point is there anyway to like move past the looks?
Reply 8
Original post by TheAlchemistress
Don’t hurt her. There are plenty of people who don’t have that opportunity.

you're right i really shouldn't.
Reply 9
Original post by Realitysreflexx
move on, likely your young she will get over you, maybe quicker then you think, but if you end up liking or meeting another girl because of your lack of physical attraction and wandering eye... you could break her heart.

i guess i mean before her i had a huge crush on someone else and i still sort of like her after she rejected me (i know it's stupid) and she asks me out and i say yes.
Original post by Luca Km
you're right i really shouldn't.

Just think about her. You probably make her smile like no one else does.

i have a feeling OP is about 15 lol.
Original post by Luca Km
i completely understand your point but when you have a girlfriend everyones like who cares about looks but honestly to most people looks do matter somewhat. do i want to dump her? not necessarily

But if she is kind and loyal, what else do you need from a person? Looks aside, those traits in someone is the best thing ever and its hard to find someone like that
Reply 13

its student forums isn't it...
Reply 14
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
But if she is kind and loyal, what else do you need from a person? Looks aside, those traits in someone is the best thing ever and its hard to find someone like that

you know what you're right ill see where it goes for now.
Reply 15

yeh i'll try
Original post by Luca Km
its student forums isn't it...

which is why you making her smile more then anyone else is a bit overkill.

if you dont like her that way its fine... but dont ignore it then hurt someone later, get a clean break.
Reply 17
Original post by Luca Km
yeh i see where you're coming from i am feeling it i mean tbf though i did ask her out under the influence but that aint the point is there anyway to like move past the looks?

I was in the same situation as you - guy with a good personality and we got along but I wasn't really attracted to him. Therefore I ended up seeing him more as a friend and we broke up. I don't want to sound shallow and I'm certainly not a 10/10 but if you're not attracted to her you can't change that, and you should probably break it up now because if you put it off it'll just be worse for both of you

I don’t know.
Reply 19
Original post by flabi
I was in the same situation as you - guy with a good personality and we got along but I wasn't really attracted to him. Therefore I ended up seeing him more as a friend and we broke up. I don't want to sound shallow and I'm certainly not a 10/10 but if you're not attracted to her you can't change that, and you should probably break it up now because if you put it off it'll just be worse for both of you

how'd you end it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending