The Student Room Group

Is it a bit sly ordering a takeaway in this weather?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Just give them a big tip :yep:
Original post by Anonymous
Was going to order a deliveroo but feel like a d*ckhead in my lovely warm house while the poor rider is cycling in the snow.

Oh man this made me laugh so much cause I was thinking the same think yesterday 😂😂
Original post by Jheinexx
you say that like it’s an actual bicycle. A motorbike man

Do you know what Deliveroo is?
NO mate does deliveroo he says you freeze when no one orders stuff, just give them an ok tip and they'll be very happy to deliver.
Original post by sundae
Just give them a big tip :yep:

Tip a Deliveroo rider? I'd rather eat dog **** off the pavement.
It’s not sly. Do order mate
Lmao I've done this before, but not in snow when it was thundering rainstorm :bigsmile:

He doesn't deliver to me anymore because I went to the chippie and complained to management about him for giving me an attitude for not tipping him. Mate you get paid, now get back on your moped and ****off. You dont like this job? Get a new one, or shut up and dont get in a strop with customers. If you dont wanna come out in bad weather when you're a delivery person then tell that to your boss not me.

And then he had the nerve to ask for a tip like are you mad? He tried to steal what the change was as a tip. 50p Idgaf.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Notoriety
Tip a Deliveroo rider? I'd rather eat dog **** off the pavement.

:toofunny:
Original post by Tom_Fisssl
Oh man this made me laugh so much cause I was thinking the same think yesterday 😂😂

dont feel guilty bruh. Not ordering delivery in a storm is the same as that establishment telling their paying customers to leave in that weather :hmmm: they wont get any business that way cos no ones gonna leave in a snowstorm for chicken and chips.
Had some dominos, yeah was pretty good :smile: 🙌🏻
Original post by Bang Outta Order
:toofunny:

They always try to make convo, to guilt-trip you into giving them a few quid tip. I am a student wearing Captain America PJs at 4pm; I ain't got money to throw away at some twonk riding a bike, with the implication that the job is hard in the slightest.
Original post by ReadySalted28
Had some dominos, yeah was pretty good :smile: 🙌🏻

:bigsmile: and didnt have to move a muscle to get it

#FirstWorld

They always try to make convo, to guilt-trip you into giving them a few quid tip. I am a student wearing Captain America PJs at 4pm; I ain't got money to throw away at some twonk riding a bike, with the implication that the job is hard in the slightest.

I hate when they get cheek, enough to make me join the EDL

the ones near me dont carry coin change. Then you have to pay with full bills and get no change back, takes the piss. Stealing tips. Then have the nerve to get an attitude with me. So I went off on one :cookie: acting superior and entitled to customers who they need to make any money? Now Im angry :lol:
Do you know what Deliveroo is?

I think so
I'd be more inclined to tip if I didn't already have to pay delivery fees. For ubereats they're normally in a car and not particularly friendly so I don't really tip. For deliveroo I used to tip if they were fit/extra nice but I don't like how you can now only tip before and not after. Bit stupid because I don't know what the service is going to be like.
Yeah, the tipping is hit and miss. Besides, why would I add a tip BEFORE receiving the items? I generally don't tip. Maybe if they let you know who the driver was and let you know which past orders they delivered, I'd consider it in exceptional circumstances, but generally... nah.

They pretty much all ride a bicycle where I live.

Soyboys.
(edited 6 years ago)

the ones near me dont carry coin change. Then you have to pay with full bills and get no change back, takes the piss. Stealing tips. Then have the nerve to get an attitude with me. So I went off on one :cookie: acting superior and entitled to customers who they need to make any money? Now Im angry :lol:

Aye, that's day-light robbery. "We can't take change ..." OK then, I can't take me 3 burgers and fries.

I always just raise an eyebrow as they're on the verge of getting passive aggressive. Especially where I went to uni, all the Deliveroo people were rich donkeys whose parents didn't give them enough pocket money, meaning that the poor lad has to choose whether to go to the Alps with their mates in March or eat M&S food. Instead they took this gig. Trying to give attitude to me. I'll get me mate Batman to knock **** out the little cheeky ****.
You lee
Was going to order a deliveroo but feel like a d*ckhead in my lovely warm house while the poor rider is cycling in the snow.

You're keeping them in a job.

What did you order

Lol the luxuries when someone else has a car, they get the pizza for you 🤓 #ModernSlavery #Freetaxi :smile:
Original post by SMEGGGY
You lee
You're keeping them in a job.

What did you order

Yeah and obviously did the restaurant a favour as well cos was probably dead tonight. Ordered a delicious mushroom and spinach pizza, bruschetta and some burrata. Wild.
I'd be more inclined to tip if I didn't already have to pay delivery fees. For ubereats they're normally in a car and not particularly friendly so I don't really tip. For deliveroo I used to tip if they were fit/extra nice but I don't like how you can now only tip before and not after. Bit stupid because I don't know what the service is going to be like.

yea that takes the leak because uber drivers are all autonomous-like though and feel they can charge and do what they want lol

thats why so many of them get in literal fights with passengers because they're all "this is my car :angry:!"
its like ok :lolwut: calm down before I nick it :colone:

Aye, that's day-light robbery. "We can't take change ..." OK then, I can't take me 3 burgers and fries.

I always just raise an eyebrow as they're on the verge of getting passive aggressive. Especially where I went to uni, all the Deliveroo people were rich donkeys whose parents didn't give them enough pocket money, meaning that the poor lad has to choose whether to go to the Alps with their mates in March or eat M&S food. Instead they took this gig. Trying to give attitude to me. I'll get me mate Batman to knock **** out the little cheeky ****.

Here from the local chippies Idk if they're rich or not but def just some random stroppy **** who doesnt wanna do their job :lol: One time a pizza guy came dressed to the HILT though, cologne, a diamante earring, a cap :lolwut: made me wonder what he expects, more than a tip eh lol

anyway it just does my head in when they give me attitude, customer service of any kind and it is passive aggressive cos its like if you go off you'll look crazy and get kicked out if not banned. Like you dont own the shop you mug. And if you do, it's called boycotting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending