The Student Room Group

UCAS - going into adjustment after accepting an unconditional?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nutz99
There is no search facility for "normal" courses as the deadline has passed. You can only search Extra at the moment. Your course is there so get in touch with them asap to see if they will give you an offer.

I assume that you realise you have to decline all other offers to use Extra.

Ahh right

Yh i know but I'm not using extra, I'm emailing the uni to switch course
Reply 21
Original post by LunaCat
Ahh right

Yh i know but I'm not using extra, I'm emailing the uni to switch course
That's if you want to go to Keele. You did say you want to do Optometry at Manchester, which now has to be through Extra.
Original post by nutz99
That's if you want to go to Keele. You did say you want to do Optometry at Manchester, which now has to be through Extra.

Why though? I applied at Manchester too, the only problem is that i got a rejection because i couldnt attend the interview. I'm asking them to switch course within the uni ygm?
Do you mean the offer has to be unconditional im order to switch courses?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by LunaCat
Why though? I applied at Manchester too, the only problem is that i got a rejection because i couldnt attend the interview. I'm asking them to switch course within the uni ygm?
Do you mean the offer has to be unconditional im order to switch courses?
You don't need unconditional to ask to switch course, conditional will do but a rejection won't. This is because you no longer have a live link to that uni through UCAS. You have no link to Manchester any longer so they can't switch course as you have nothing to switch from. A rejection is a rejection no matter the reason.
Original post by nutz99
You don't need unconditional to ask to switch course, conditional will do but a rejection won't. This is because you no longer have a live link to that uni through UCAS. You have no link to Manchester any longer so they can't switch course as you have nothing to switch from. A rejection is a rejection no matter the reason.

Is that 100%? :frown: University can take back rejections, so how can there be no link?
My dreams are crushed :frown:
Reply 26
Original post by LunaCat
Is that 100%? :frown: University can take back rejections, so how can there be no link?
This is not a normal rejection situation where they simply change it to an offer. Speak to them first to ask if they will give you an offer for Optometry and if so will they use your existing application or will you have to go through Extra. It is up to the uni to decide.
Reply 27
Original post by LunaCat
My dreams are crushed :frown:

Call the universities and speak to them.

But you are talking about biochem, or optometry, or pharmacy... these are all different courses with different careers. Which one do you actually want to study?
Original post by nutz99

This isn't true. A rejection can be reversed/changed to another course (although that's at the discretion of the university concerned).

Also the UCAS course search will only show extra courses if you tick the box to show courses with vacancies. Otherwise it shows all courses.

Please don't advise people in areas outside your knowledge - it just adds confusion.
Original post by LunaCat
Thanks for that.
Can we also email UCAS as I get anxious over the phone...?

I guess you can unless they have a live chat page. or you could tweet them and then go through the direct message to talk about any specifics.
Original post by Doonesbury

But you are talking about biochem, or optometry, or pharmacy... these are all different courses with different careers. Which one do you actually want to study?

I totally agree with Doonesbury, on this, you have to be sure which one you would like to change to
I guess you are looking for a course that is more vocational?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury

I definitely wanna do optometry as my first choice but didn't apply for it. If i don't get into optometry I'd like to still be able to do biochemistry ygm?
Original post by wolfmoon88
I guess you are looking for a course that is more vocational?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, i feel more secured
Original post by MissMaz1
I totally agree with Doonesbury, on this, you have to be sure which one you would like to change to

Optometry :smile:
Original post by LunaCat
Yep, i feel more secured

Email/Call the uni and ask... perhaps offer to submit an additional ps if required that would detail your desire to study optometry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PQ
This isn't true. A rejection can be reversed/changed to another course (although that's at the discretion of the university concerned).

Also the UCAS course search will only show extra courses if you tick the box to show courses with vacancies. Otherwise it shows all courses.

Please don't advise people in areas outside your knowledge - it just adds confusion.

Thank god! I emailed manchester uni, waiting for their reply.

Yeah, i figured i had to click on available vacancies thamkyou.

It does ::redface: and it worried me alot.
Original post by wolfmoon88
Email/Call the uni and ask... perhaps offer to submit an additional ps if required that would detail your desire to study optometry

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have. I've offers that but in indirect words, so just said I'm happy to provide anything else if needed. I hope my email was well written and that i didn't miss anything out. I emailed both optometry and biochemistry department (both at Manchester) so they can arrange something hopefully :redface:
Original post by MissMaz1
I guess you can unless they have a live chat page. or you could tweet them and then go through the direct message to talk about any specifics.

They have twitter and Facebook but no email... When would i need to contact UCAS? after the uni has agreed to switch/accept me onto their course or will this automatically appear on my track?
Original post by LunaCat
I have. I've offers that but in indirect words, so just said I'm happy to provide anything else if needed. I hope my email was well written and that i didn't miss anything out. I emailed both optometry and biochemistry department (both at Manchester) so they can arrange something hopefully :redface:

Very well :smile: just wait for an response and hope for the best!

:erm: I believe a course change would be done on the university's end and would automatically show up on track... but PQ will confirm if I am wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending