The Student Room Group

Texas teen who lied about being raped by 3 black men doesn’t face jail time.

Judge goes “she’s very remorseful for what she did and what she said”

BEYOND laughable. This clearly provided grounds to charge her for perjury.

It’s disgusting, childish and vile c**** like this who are the reason why women who have actually been raped are dismissed.
(edited 6 years ago)
What the hell if this is true they should do time!!! Playing with lives like they are worth nothing! If the 3 went to do time they would be scarred by all of the other inmates if they knew about it.

Remorseful my arse! People need to take responsibility for their actions.
idk what happened here, where is the a link?

but off what you said, yea it's illegal to lie to the police or make fraudulent claims, I thought, or obstruct court by tampering with evidence to make someone guilty or not etc etc
Reply 3
Original post by Bang Outta Order
idk what happened here, where is the a link?

but off what you said, yea it's illegal to lie to the police or make fraudulent claims, I thought, or obstruct court by tampering with evidence to make someone guilty or not etc etc

Too angry that I forgot to provide the link: http://m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/breana-harmon-false-rape-jail_us_5a958207e4b03a8f3a22f390
Black men getting killed and serving time because of *****es like these.
Original post by icequeenTM
Judge goes “she’s very remorseful for what she did and what she said”

BEYOND laughable. This clearly provided grounds to charge her for perjury.

It’s disgusting, childish and vile c**** like this who are the reason why women who have actually been raped are dismissed.

I'm pretty sure this comes under a fraud charge in the UK. It's American I guess, and the laws there can be silly.

"On Thursday, 19-year-old Breana Harmon of Pottsboro pleaded guilty to four felony charges of tampering with physical evidence and government documents in relation to false reports of kidnapping and sexual assault."

Thought so, it's tampering and a felony but she gets off. Probably s***ed the judge off.
Reply 7
Original post by Jheinexx

Good old white privilege!! Plus, it’s Texas so should I be shocked? Nah.
Reply 8
Btw I don’t know why this is in the advice category, I clicked News 😂😂
Original post by icequeenTM
Good old white privilege!! Plus, it’s Texas so should I be shocked? Nah.

I was going to say that but id get reported. Say anything about white people and you will get banned. But yes i agree. (Might even get banned for agreeing with you 🤣)
Original post by Jheinexx

Not since Emmett Till. It's quite tragic how USA is backtracking to the 60s so bad, must say. I mean if they were a third world country with no power I'd get it.
White privilege?
Original post by monkeyman0121
What the hell if this is true they should do time!!! Playing with lives like they are worth nothing! If the 3 went to do time they would be scarred by all of the other inmates if they knew about it.

Remorseful my arse! People need to take responsibility for their actions.

I agree but I believe everything happens for a greater reason, just gotta have patience.
Original post by The RAR
White privilege?

Ding ding ding.
Reply 14
whilst I think people who accuse others falsely of rape should go to jail, ...if you automatically give every single person who falsely accuses another of rape a mandatory jail sentence very few are going to admit they are lying, and tbh it's more important they admit they are lying as someone's freedom is on the line.

in this particular case, it doesn't look like no one was arrested for the rape ....and as the allegation of rape was withdrawn before anyone was actually arrested ...perhaps it's best not the throw the book at this girl with a jail sentence

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending