The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Racial Diversity in the University of Salford

Hi, Salford is currently my top choice.
I am half English, half Vietnamese and I am wondering how the diversity is in the university and if there is any racism or segregation, I get a bit anxious about fitting in as I am not completely Asian neither am I completely Caucasian so I don't fit well into ethnic groups. Just wondering if the people at the uni really care and if they are just really cool and down to earth.
Thank you!
Original post by May.blanch
Hi, Salford is currently my top choice.
I am half English, half Vietnamese and I am wondering how the diversity is in the university and if there is any racism or segregation, I get a bit anxious about fitting in as I am not completely Asian neither am I completely Caucasian so I don't fit well into ethnic groups. Just wondering if the people at the uni really care and if they are just really cool and down to earth.
Thank you!

Hi May,

Here at the University of Salford we really strive to be inclusive of everyone. You will notice if you visit the university that it is very multi cultural and i am positive you would fit in and find a great group of friends. If you ever did feel like you weren't fitting in we have a students union service here that would help you overcome any problems and would also help you to find friends.

Hope that helps!

Ryan - Social Media Assistant
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey I'm black and just finished my degree at Salford. You have nothing to worry about its like a rainbow at that place. Any colour you are you find many people who fit the same. There was more white people in my class but also still had black people. You also should get involved with clubs etc so the more people you meet the more likely you'll find people of your ethnicity.
Original post by stephuni
Hey I'm black and just finished my degree at Salford. You have nothing to worry about its like a rainbow at that place. Any colour you are you find many people who fit the same. There was more white people in my class but also still had black people. You also should get involved with clubs etc so the more people you meet the more likely you'll find people of your ethnicity.

Hi,

Thank you for posting, I agree with you.
There are over 100 societies and sports teams at the University. With a diverse range of students.
The Uni is very multicultural and does recruit a diverse range of students due to the different course offer at Salford Uni.
Everyone is very down to earth and genuine.

Remember to like the FB page of the SU to find out more! You can also us message directly to ask any other questions you may have
https://www.facebook.com/salfordsu/

Good Luck! Hopefully see you at the 'Welcome Fair!'

Cheers,
Evie
Science & Tech Sabbatical Officer at Salford University.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending