The Student Room Group

Where to study LPC

Hi everyone

I have 4 offers to study the LPC at the following institutions BPP, University of Law, Metropolitan and University of West London.

I will be studying part time, could anyone advise me on where to study especially since the LPC will be scrapped between 2019-2020. Will it even matter to potential employers or to secure a training contract on completing the LPC at a London institution ?

I appreciate any feedback from past or current students.

Thank you in advance :-)
Original post by crystalgirl81
Hi everyone

I have 4 offers to study the LPC at the following institutions BPP, University of Law, Metropolitan and University of West London.

I will be studying part time, could anyone advise me on where to study especially since the LPC will be scrapped between 2019-2020. Will it even matter to potential employers or to secure a training contract on completing the LPC at a London institution ?

I appreciate any feedback from past or current students.

Thank you in advance :-)

They will be run in tandem with the SQE so I wouldnt worry about it becoming irrelevant.

Did you go to open days? Look at course structure and options. Id go either with BPP or CoL.

Tbh i'd do it outside London to save money, but I assume you live there.
Original post by 999tigger
They will be run in tandem with the SQE so I wouldnt worry about it becoming irrelevant.

Did you go to open days? Look at course structure and options. Id go either with BPP or CoL.

Tbh i'd do it outside London to save money, but I assume you live there.

Hi

Thanks for your response, I will be attending the open days next week.

BPP and COL is the ideal option but to save money UWL seems the likely option but just wanted to know if there is a difference with employibilty really.
Hi

Thanks for your response, I will be attending the open days next week.

BPP and COL is the ideal option but to save money UWL seems the likely option but just wanted to know if there is a difference with employibilty really.

See what you think from open days, but I would think the others know what they are doing. What is the price difference?
See what you think from open days, but I would think the others know what they are doing. What is the price difference?

Yes I will go to the open days and see what the atmosphere is like. The london institutions are £16,250 UWL is £11,000 with a £2,000 discount as I studied my LLB there.

I do not want to limit my employability prospects so I can get a discount for studying the LPC at UWL.
Yes I will go to the open days and see what the atmosphere is like. The london institutions are £16,250 UWL is £11,000 with a £2,000 discount as I studied my LLB there.

I do not want to limit my employability prospects so I can get a discount for studying the LPC at UWL.

It is still the same exam.
I think the others will have more students, better facilities and more options, but not sure its worth £7,000.

If you are confident or ok with your current uni, then its not going t matter that much imo. You might have less resources (you know the lecturers and whether they are any good) and fewer optional modules, but the latter wont matter if they cover what you wish to learn.

Law is competitive. Very. If you are happy at UWL, then its a tough call and i'd probably just pass the exam.

See what the poster JSP thinks. @JSP
It is still the same exam.
I think the others will have more students, better facilities and more options, but not sure its worth £7,000.

If you are confident or ok with your current uni, then its not going t matter that much imo. You might have less resources (you know the lecturers and whether they are any good) and fewer optional modules, but the latter wont matter if they cover what you wish to learn.

Law is competitive. Very. If you are happy at UWL, then its a tough call and i'd probably just pass the exam.

See what the poster JSP thinks. @JSP

Thank you for your advice, it is a hard decision and do not want to make the wrong one that would have a negative impact.

I will decide once i go to the open days.

Thanks again :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending