The Student Room Group

Reach for the Stars!!!- Yr 13 GYG

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by sunshine774
Oh right I had no idea! Yeah I'm only doing AS this year as I self taught it in the summer and didn't want to do the entire a level in a year. Oh is the new content very different then?

It’s a little different but not that much. The first set of exams for it are in 2019 that’s the only bad thing.
Reply 101
That's good I still haven't started my revision today I just feel really cold and ill :frown:

Ah, I hope oh get well soon. :smile:
Wednesday 28th February 2018
I haven't updated in a while as I've been pretty ill probably because of the weather!:redface: But I feel a bit better now!:smile: And I'm SO happy cos we have a day off college tomorrow because of the snow!:biggrin: I also really need the time tbh I have loads of work to do and I REALLY need to start proper revision for mocks- they're in 3 weeks.

Maths: So today I only had one lesson which was maths! We managed to finish chapter 6 of S2 (it's quite short) on sampling but I really don't like it. It's pretty straightforward but there's a lot of writing involved and it doesn't feel like maths :tongue: I much prefer 'proper' maths like integration!:tongue: Also we have an integration test on Friday and I haven't done much for it as I've been ill. I'm counting on not going in on Friday so hopefully we'll miss it!:tongue:

Tomorrow I plan on doing loads seeing as I'm not going to college.:smile: I need to revise for integration, revise chapter 6 for maths and do maths homework. When I revise for maths I watch exam solutions videos and make notes, then I do all the questions in the textbook and then do past paper questions by topic on physics and maths tutor. And then next Tuesday we'll have a test on an organic chemistry chapter and I need to revise for that especially as organic chemistry is not my strongest area!:s-smilie:

I need to do LOADS for economics. I barely ever do any work for, I need to start writing all (well the important!) essays! I need to write an essay on poverty and inequality that I never wrote oops. And I need to make notes on AD and AS from last year on poverty and inequality. I still have no AS notes for econ I really need to get a move on...

I'm also gonna finish my AS chem notes but I'm very nearly done! I've also not looked at ANY of the AS FM I self taught over the summer, or S1 which I'm retaking!:s-smilie: If I have any time, I'll do this tomorrow (or Friday if we hopefully don't have to go in) but generally I plan to do AS stuff, as it's 'easier' at the weekend. :smile:

So tomorrow I'm going to wake up at 5 and start my work at 8. I plan to work all day (although I'll obviously take breaks.) I also have some workouts planned for me to do throughout the day :smile:

My inspirational quote for today is:
"Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means you've decided to look beyond the imperfections."- Unknown :biggrin:

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Black Water
Ah, I hope oh get well soon. :smile:

Thanks I feel a bit better now!:smile: Have you had any snow where you live?
It’s a little different but not that much. The first set of exams for it are in 2019 that’s the only bad thing.

That's good that it's not too different! Yeah that's a bit annoying :tongue: Do you think I should still plan on completing it in my gap year?:smile:
Reply 105
Thanks I feel a bit better now!:smile: Have you had any snow where you live?

Yeah we’ve had a fair bit. :smile: We had yesterday off and now we have today off.
Reply 106
That's good that it's not too different! Yeah that's a bit annoying :tongue: Do you think I should still plan on completing it in my gap year?:smile:

I think you should sit the new specification in 2019. You’ll have done AS so you’ll know most of the content. There may be a few gaps which you can cover and then learn the A-Level part and sit the exams. :smile: I’ll do it with you. :smile:
Reply 107
Wednesday 28th February 2018
I haven't updated in a while as I've been pretty ill probably because of the weather!:redface: But I feel a bit better now!:smile: And I'm SO happy cos we have a day off college tomorrow because of the snow!:biggrin: I also really need the time tbh I have loads of work to do and I REALLY need to start proper revision for mocks- they're in 3 weeks.

Maths: So today I only had one lesson which was maths! We managed to finish chapter 6 of S2 (it's quite short) on sampling but I really don't like it. It's pretty straightforward but there's a lot of writing involved and it doesn't feel like maths :tongue: I much prefer 'proper' maths like integration!:tongue: Also we have an integration test on Friday and I haven't done much for it as I've been ill. I'm counting on not going in on Friday so hopefully we'll miss it!:tongue:

Tomorrow I plan on doing loads seeing as I'm not going to college.:smile: I need to revise for integration, revise chapter 6 for maths and do maths homework. When I revise for maths I watch exam solutions videos and make notes, then I do all the questions in the textbook and then do past paper questions by topic on physics and maths tutor. And then next Tuesday we'll have a test on an organic chemistry chapter and I need to revise for that especially as organic chemistry is not my strongest area!:s-smilie:

I need to do LOADS for economics. I barely ever do any work for, I need to start writing all (well the important!) essays! I need to write an essay on poverty and inequality that I never wrote oops. And I need to make notes on AD and AS from last year on poverty and inequality. I still have no AS notes for econ I really need to get a move on...

I'm also gonna finish my AS chem notes but I'm very nearly done! I've also not looked at ANY of the AS FM I self taught over the summer, or S1 which I'm retaking!:s-smilie: If I have any time, I'll do this tomorrow (or Friday if we hopefully don't have to go in) but generally I plan to do AS stuff, as it's 'easier' at the weekend. :smile:

So tomorrow I'm going to wake up at 5 and start my work at 8. I plan to work all day (although I'll obviously take breaks.) I also have some workouts planned for me to do throughout the day :smile:

My inspirational quote for today is:
"Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means you've decided to look beyond the imperfections."- Unknown :biggrin:

Spoiler

Sounds like you’ve done a fair bit. I hope you feel better, not a good weather to be feeling unwell in. :smile: You may want to start S1 and don’t forget about Economics!
Yeah we’ve had a fair bit. :smile: We had yesterday off and now we have today off.

Lucky! I have today off and hopefully tomorrow!:smile:
I think you should sit the new specification in 2019. You’ll have done AS so you’ll know most of the content. There may be a few gaps which you can cover and then learn the A-Level part and sit the exams. :smile: I’ll do it with you. :smile:

Ok thanks and that'll be great! We can help each other :smile:
Sounds like you’ve done a fair bit. I hope you feel better, not a good weather to be feeling unwell in. :smile: You may want to start S1 and don’t forget about Economics!

Yeah I will but I hate S1 :tongue: I've always had the problem of doing too much of one subject and not enough of the other!
good luck! will be following this :yep:
Reply 112
Lucky! I have today off and hopefully tomorrow!:smile:

Hopefully, we get tomorrow off as well, that would be amazing. :smile:
Reply 113
Ok thanks and that'll be great! We can help each other :smile:

Yeah that will be good. :smile:
Original post by clouddbubbles
good luck! will be following this :yep:

Thanks!:smile: Are you doing A levels?
Reply 115
Yeah I will but I hate S1 :tongue: I've always had the problem of doing too much of one subject and not enough of the other!

A lot of people hate S1 for some reason. I think quite a lot of people have that problem haha. :smile: You’ll be fine though don’t worry.
Thanks!:smile: Are you doing A levels?

no not yet!
in year 10, so first year of gcse :smile:
A lot of people hate S1 for some reason. I think quite a lot of people have that problem haha. :smile: You’ll be fine though don’t worry.

Ha ha it's just awful!:tongue: Have you done S1?:smile:
Original post by clouddbubbles
no not yet!
in year 10, so first year of gcse :smile:

Oh right! I remember when I was in year 10 feels like 10 years ago :tongue: What GCSE's are you taking?:smile:
Reply 119
Ha ha it's just awful!:tongue: Have you done S1?:smile:

That’s true. In the new specification you have to do half of S1 and M1 for A-Level Maths. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending