The Student Room Group

What do the TSR team actually do at the HQ in Brighton?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hannah00
How much ? I asked a university during Open Day, why they didnt have one and they said it costs too much

No idea tbf It won't be Megabucks though. And universities do have large budgets for advertising and engagement.
Original post by Tootles
I might have misread the numbers :iiam: this "unique visits" stuff seems to just be a statistic people throw around. Why don't forums measure their usage in currently active accounts or posts per month or threads created per month or something? Something that gives a clue as to actual usage.

We do do this :smile: :yy:

Original post by Tootles
Reddit doesn't openly monetize its users though.

They are monetized, and they will be looking for ways to monetize further.

Companies can go and "buy" upvotes from third parties to make sure their content hits the front page. Even if it's not 'official', Reddit is a commercial space. :beard:
Original post by HateOCR
Im gonna use TSR 24/7 and turn on AD block so they earn less :lol: im so evil

They don’t let you, when I tried last week it automatically logged me out after a few minutes and said to disabled ad block if I want to use the site. :dontknow:
Reply 103
Original post by cat_mac
They don’t let you, when I tried last week it automatically logged me out after a few minutes and said to disabled ad block if I want to use the site. :dontknow:

Use ublock origin instead of adblock. Way better.
every second Thursday is Quiz Night where the guys let their hair down:

http://thejamesbondsocialmediaproject.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/movies-thunderball-spectre.jpg
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by cat_mac

:lol: this site is like a communist society
Original post by the bear
every second Thursday is Quiz Night where the guys let their hair down:

http://thejamesbondsocialmediaproject.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/movies-thunderball-spectre.jpg

How did you get this picture?! This was never meant to be seen!
Original post by Tootles

I'm simply lamenting how shoddily the members treat each other and how the site is run compared to back then. When the adins/supermods/mods/minimods weren't so happy with their banhammers and when TSR wasn't a complete bastion of political correctness and Newspeak.

I could call you a c*nt if that helps?

They wait in anticipation for me to post a Natalie Dormer gif :awesome:
Original post by Airmed

Original post by Puddles the Monkey

Because it's you, Puddles :love:

TSR has expanded from its original modest Shoreham premises over the years.... now it occupies a whole block in sought after Hove.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4365133/fc9fb357b2025774bf9dea9c04538ba4.0.jpg
Original post by Airmed
Because it's you, Puddles :love:

:love:
Original post by the bear
TSR has expanded from its original modest Shoreham premises over the years.... now it occupies a whole block in sought after Hove.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4365133/fc9fb357b2025774bf9dea9c04538ba4.0.jpg

As you can see we have a lovely roof garden :biggrin:
Original post by Airmed

Don't we all :moon:
Except if it's your overposted apple catching one :colonhash:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
As you can see we have a lovely roof garden :biggrin:

grow your own

:innocent:
Original post by HateOCR
:lol: this site is like a communist society

Nobody forces you to use it.