The Student Room Group

Applying to a medical college in the UK without UCAS

Hello guys,I am asking if it is possible to apply directly to study medicine in the UK without UCAS now. I have missed the deadline date because I didn't know about the UCAS before. Has anyone been in this situation before? Do you any universities that can accept me without UCAS?
Not that I am aware of, even if there was another way of applying medicine the deadline will most likely have been the same as UCAS(15th January if international). Interviews are already done/well on the way through. You will most likely have to apply for 2019 entry.
Original post by AzureCeleste
Not that I am aware of, even if there was another way of applying medicine the deadline will most likely have been the same as UCAS(15th January if international). Interviews are already done/well on the way through. You will most likely have to apply for 2019 entry.

Thank you for replying. Do you have any idea if there are admissions for Winter 2019?
Original post by Mohamed Elmarasi
Thank you for replying. Do you have any idea if there are admissions for Winter 2019?

No, I'm not aware of any degree in the UK which starts on a different timetable (although they may still exist), but certainly medicine does not have this option anywhere in the UK given the nature of the course.

Unfortunately I think you'll have to have a "glide year" while you're applying - this may be a good opportunity to get some relevant work experience though, and you'll be able to focus on the relevant admissions tests (UKCAT/BMAT/etc) without worrying about your classes, having already finished your main qualifications.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending