Original post by Y11_Maths
Upload a picture?

Just did. :smile:
maths.JPG
Original post by StrangerOnTheNet

Attachment not found.
Original post by RDKGames
Attachment not found.

There should be a new post with the pic.
Upload a picture?

Do you get it?
It is too small to read
It is too small to read

​A researcher has collected data on the prevalence of a type of cancer and its link to concentrations of radon gas in the area. They calculate​ Pearson's Product Moment Correlation Coefficient to be 0.21.

​b) What percentage of the variation in the prevalence of this cancer could be attributed to the variation in radon gas​ concentration? Write your answer correct to zero decimal places e.g. 16​ %, 85​ %, 3 ​%. Do not write the percentage sign.
It is too small to read

Hopefully you can see it properly now.
you need to find r2... this is called the coefficient of determination and represents the % of variation attributable to the radion gas.
Original post by the bear
you need to find r2... this is called the coefficient of determination and represents the % of variation attributable to the radion gas.

But all they gave me was the co-effiecient which is 0.21 so do l square it making it 4%?
But all they gave me was the co-effiecient which is 0.21 so do l square it making it 4%?

yes
Original post by the bear
yes

One more question with this is lesser=less than or are they trying to trick me because of the wording?
maths.JPG
One more question with this is lesser=less than or are they trying to trick me because of the wording?
maths.JPG

here is is clear that the tables are

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/9KOJtiHAavE/maxresdefault.jpg

Quick Reply

Latest