The Student Room Group

RAF Regiment Officer CBAT

Evening all,

Just a quick question if anyone can help, I've been looking at applying for the RAF Regt as an officer, and just wondered what sort of CBAT assessment potential applicants undertake?

From my understanding different branches take different assessments? I've heard some don't undertake any form of CBAT?

Any help would be great! Thanks!
Hi mate,

AFAIK, RAF Reg Officers aren’t required to sit CBAT, however the rest of the OASC selection will be undertaken. I stand to be corrected by those better in the know.

Cheers
Reply 2
Thank you mate, really appreciate the reply.

If anyone has any advice regarding anything to do specifically with a RAF Regt Officer application and OASC it would be greatly appreciated.

The amount of people telling the rejection rate for 'young' candidates for Regt is unbelievable. I'm 22, soon to be 23 & can't see this being a factor against me?
Reply 3
Original post by ballingbob
Thank you mate, really appreciate the reply. If anyone has any advice regarding anything to do specifically with a RAF Regt Officer application and OASC it would be greatly appreciated. The amount of people telling the rejection rate for

There's an outside chance you might need to sit the CBAT, but it'll be on a non-assessed basis of you do. They just want to know what level you're at, it's not pass/fail.

There's nothing specific that a RegO needs to know or do that any other officer candidate doesn't. Read through the other threads here about OASC and the application process.
Reply 4
Original post by Drewski
There's an outside chance you might need to sit the CBAT, but it'll be on a non-assessed basis of you do. They just want to know what level you're at, it's not pass/fail.

There's nothing specific that a RegO needs to know or do that any other officer candidate doesn't. Read through the other threads here about OASC and the application process.

Thanks! If required to sit the CBAT, will the outcome have any bearing on the success of my application?
Reply 5
Original post by ballingbob
Thanks! If required to sit the CBAT, will the outcome have any bearing on the success of my application?

Almost* certainly not.

*If you completely flunked it they might ask questions, but the chances are slim
Reply 6
Original post by Drewski
Almost* certainly not.

*If you completely flunked it they might ask questions, but the chances are slim

Brilliant, thanks for your help mate!

Quick Reply

Latest