The Student Room Group

Red weather warning issued for Scotland

Scroll to see replies

I hope there is still something left in my nearest co-op (2 minute walk away) otherwise I'm horribly boned.
There is literally so much snow here at the moment! I think about a foot + generally, but because of the winds, it has formed big drifts, some of them are half way up the fence!
Been stranded in London. My flight up to Edinburgh yesterday was cancelled and then I was rebooked one for today and that’s cancelled too. Looks like I’m not gonna make it home anytime soon :lol:
Reply 24
My uni hasn't shut yet but the weather is still deteriorating here.
Reply 25
My campus is practically dead :lol: And I would be home, but I have an essay to write. Oh, 4th year. :moon:
I'm not in Scotland right now, but my dad's in Glasgow.
He's been totally snowed in for 2 days now and said that it's probably the worst snow he's seen in his life :eek3:
Original post by MrsMars
I'm not in Scotland right now, but my dad's in Glasgow.
He's been totally snowed in for 2 days now and said that it's probably the worst snow he's seen in his life :eek3:

Aye it's a wee bit relentless here in wee Edinburgh as well :console:
Original post by Blue_Cow
Aye it's a wee bit relentless here in wee Edinburgh as well :console:

All my life I hoped for enough snow to get a day or two off, and it comes when I'm not even in the country :rofl::rofl:
Original post by MrsMars
All my life I hoped for enough snow to get a day or two off, and it comes when I'm not even in the country :rofl::rofl:

The university is completely shut here so staff are getting a nice day off work :tongue:

No buses are running. Shops are running low on food (well, the Sainsbury's Local down the road anyway) as well, so it's not all fun and games :frown:
The university is completely shut here so staff are getting a nice day off work :tongue:

No buses are running. Shops are running low on food (well, the Sainsbury's Local down the road anyway) as well, so it's not all fun and games :frown:

:console::hugs:
I can imagine; I actually hate the cold :lol:
Hoping you're safe and don't struggle for much longer x
Original post by MrsMars
:console::hugs:
I can imagine; I actually hate the cold :lol:
Hoping you're safe and don't struggle for much longer x

I'm safely tucked away in my dorm room with the heating on max watching snowball fights from my bay window :tongue:
I'm safely tucked away in my dorm room with the heating on max watching snowball fights from my bay window :tongue:

That's good. You're okay for food and stuff?
Original post by MrsMars
That's good. You're okay for food and stuff?

Yup. I have plenty of eggs, bread, pasta and meat :ahee:
Yup. I have plenty of eggs, bread, pasta and meat :ahee:

PRSOM :hugs:
Glad you're safe

I went for a three mile walk in it today due to more local supermarkets being closed and no public transport or taxis. They've not even gritted my estate and people have left their cars. The stairs up to my front/back door have completely vanished just leaving a sort of ramp and there's several inches of snow banked up against the doors. Kids and dogs are loving it though!
Original post by sinfonietta
x

:eek3::eek3:
Where are you?
Original post by MrsMars
:eek3::eek3:
Where are you?

I'm in Helensburgh. :smile:

There's even snow on the beach but the wind was too bad for me to capture it! :lol:
I'm in South Wales but we've got a Red warning today too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending