The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Report it.

Your threads and posts remain even if you leave.
Original post by maxcollins098
Someone posted a thread onto my account sharing a picture of someone without their permission and I want it deleted asap!

Your username would be altered to username 3465782 or the sort but evertyhing else would still remain on the site.
Someone posted a thread onto my account sharing a picture of someone without their permission and I want it deleted asap!

that old chestnut

No, however the post (and indeed the whole thread) has been removed last night so that only you (and people like the community team) can view it now, so it is no longer public so don't worry about it :smile:
Reply 5

If you want the image removed, report it and explain the situation in the little box.
You can also edit your own posts so you could edit out the image yourself.

If you delete your account all your posts will stay, just with a different name.
Original post by Lemur14
No, however the post (and indeed the whole thread) has been removed last night so that only you (and people like the community team) can view it now, so it is no longer public so don't worry about it :smile:

I still see the post as the first link when I type into Google. In fact the image that was posted is now on Google images
Original post by Kindred
If you want the image removed, report it and explain the situation in the little box.
You can also edit your own posts so you could edit out the image yourself.

If you delete your account all your posts will stay, just with a different name.

How do you edit it?
I still see the post as the first link when I type into Google. In fact the image that was posted is now on Google images

Have you tried loading the thread link while not logged into TSR? It should only be visible to you if you're logged in
If it's got to google images I doubt there's anything TSR can do about it unfortunately
Reply 9
How do you edit it?

As long as it's your own post (and not anon) there should be a button that says "edit". You'll need to be on the web browser not the app.
You can also click the little flag at the top of a post to report it and say"please can you remove the image?".
Sounds like it should have been dealt with though so do try logging out to see if you can still see it.

If it's on Google you'll have to talk to them about getting it removed unfortunately.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Kindred
As long as it's your own post (and not anon) there should be a button that says "edit". You'll need to be on the web browser not the app.
You can also click the little flag at the top of a post to report it and say"please can you remove the image?".
Sounds like it should have been dealt with though so do try logging out to see if you can still see it.

If it's on Google you'll have to talk to them about getting it removed unfortunately.

Can you send a screenshot please, because I can't seem to find the edit option
Can you send a screenshot please, because I can't seem to find the edit option

Sorry I'm not good with screen shots. It's some blue text next to the orange reply button.
Or if you're on the app you can press and hold on the post and there'll be a little pencil saying edit.
If you can't work that out though the mods will be able to sort it out if you report it.

Latest