The Student Room Group

Can I bring my rabbit inside??

We brought my rabbit last year in the summer and he’s been living outside ever since, but I’m extremely worried as it’s -4 degrees and snowing and there is going to be a blizzard later on? He has survived -6 but I’m worried!! Do I keep him outside or bring him in ?? At the moment he has a blanket over his cage and a blanket inside his cage he has food and water but it keeps freezing over? I’m unsure what to do??

Scroll to see replies

If the water is freezing over, I would be worried.
My friend kept her rabbit inside just make sure its not so hot for the rabbit inside e
Reply 3
If you are truly worried about your rabbit, you wouldn't need to ask this. Bring him in obviously.
Yes bring the poor thing inside
Reply 5
I have my rabbit and guinea pigs outside in the summer and in during the winter, I think it’s way too cold for them to be comfortable. My rabbit is in for the night during summer too because he gets scared and thumps, which if you know rabbits it’s very loud. Might as well get a spade and whack it off the shed every 10 seconds.

TL;DR bring him in! Indoor cages are worth the investment if it means your little floof is happy.
No you cannot bring him inside because he will die.

Seriously, what a ****ing stupid question... you honestly think he's going to come to more harm being inside a nice warm house than outside in minus temperatures??? People like you shouldn't own animals...
Reply 7
The vets told us that if he’s always been an outside let don’t bring him inside as it will be too warm and could kill him. So it’s not a stupid question really. And I look after my animals thanks so keep your opinions to yourself 😴
You could've googled this.
Bring it in. It’s a rabbit, not a polar bear.
Original post by Aaliyahjada
We brought my rabbit last year in the summer and he’s been living outside ever since, but I’m extremely worried as it’s -4 degrees and snowing and there is going to be a blizzard later on? He has survived -6 but I’m worried!! Do I keep him outside or bring him in ?? At the moment he has a blanket over his cage and a blanket inside his cage he has food and water but it keeps freezing over? I’m unsure what to do??

Please bring him inside if you can. Do you have somewhere you could put his hutch inside so it's still his usual home and he won't go chewing your carpet? Just don't put him anywhere super warm cos he's used to being cool. Maybe a room you don't use much.
If you're unsure you could always phone your vet or somewhere like vets for pets.
Original post by Aaliyahjada
The vets told us that if he’s always been an outside let don’t bring him inside as it will be too warm and could kill him. So it’s not a stupid question really. And I look after my animals thanks so keep your opinions to yourself 😴

Rabbits are warm blooded mammals. They're not going to die from being in an environment that people are comfortable in. Sure, they can adapt to the cold, but with sudden huge drops in temperature like we've been experiencing, there's no way for them to prepare for that. Have you not heard of rabbits dying every year from cold snaps? If their hutch isn't seriously insulated then they're at risk.
Bring the rabbit in for your peace of mind.
House rabbits are a thing. Bring him in, but be prepared to have to clean up after him. If you allow him to run around be aware of your wires and such as well.
Have a utility area? Put him there
Don't let him in, Lennie will tend to your rabbit and accidentally injure the fellow.
Bring the rabbit in
Original post by RedGiant
Don't let him in, Lennie will tend to your rabbit and accidentally injure the fellow.

I wish I could give more than 1 rep for that.
Original post by RedGiant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H73X0SL9JUY

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending