The Student Room Group

UNIQ Summer School 2018

Scroll to see replies

Got acepted for UNIQ engineering during the summer! Is anyone else going, feel free to PM me

(Got 7A*s and 39s at GCSE, live in an area with acorn value of 52)
I got into UNIQ Computer Science which is running 15th to 20th July!! Can't seem to find anyone else on this thread who has (I think there were 20 places??) but please PM me if you did. So excited! :smile:
I got into the summer physics course. I had even forgot that about it and was surprised when I saw the email.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Uranium Potato
Rejected for medicine but got into Oncology - still ecstatic though! Anyone doing Oncology this summer?

My daughter did it two years ago and is now doing dentistry. She loved it and they had less work to do than the humanities/language students!
Original post by Nxncydooley
Hi, just got accepted on to the UNIQ summer school studying PPE. Just wondered if anyone else has a place, or if people who have been could share helpful tips and experiences?

I also got into the summer school for PPE. Well done 😊
Oooh good job guys. Unfortunately didn't get a place for Chemistry, but it says I'd be part of the UNIQ Digital. Does anyone know what that is?
Original post by topazz
Oooh good job guys. Unfortunately didn't get a place for Chemistry, but it says I'd be part of the UNIQ Digital. Does anyone know what that is?

http://www.uniq.ox.ac.uk/uniqdigital
Reply 127
Original post by lucylo
Congrats to you too! Yeah that will be weird... I’m doing French at A-level and I did German at GCSE. I’m looking at doing French and a beginners language at uni

Wherever I go there's literally another Lucy, even at my school and some language day Cambridge did. That's cool! I love French so much, Oxbridge are really good for languages if you like literature :smile:
Reply 128
Original post by voo
Wherever I go there's literally another Lucy, even at my school and some language day Cambridge did. That's cool! I love French so much, Oxbridge are really good for languages if you like literature :smile:

Haha same here! Except there’s someone at my school with literally the same name and surname as me, which makes things a bit confusing! Yeah, French is definitely my favourite subject, I never find the lessons boring :smile:
Reply 129
Original post by lucylo
Haha same here! Except there’s someone at my school with literally the same name and surname as me, which makes things a bit confusing! Yeah, French is definitely my favourite subject, I never find the lessons boring :smile:

That's so booky! I'm glad someone else likes French as much as me, I'm only in a class of 2 :')
Original post by Marxfan2001
Same, I'm super pumped.

Sooo exciting
Original post by rxmbi
Haha mine were the same as yours weirdly. I had three 9's tho :smile:

Wow, that's good !
Original post by Deliciate
9A*s and 1A D:

That's awesome! Good luck on your uni application
Reply 133
Original post by voo
That's so booky! I'm glad someone else likes French as much as me, I'm only in a class of 2 :':wink:

That’s such a small class! There’s 10 in mine :smile:
Reply 134
Is anyone else doing History: Race and Protest 15-20th July?
Original post by Ihatecrumpets
Hi, I got onto the same History course- wasn't expecting it really as I imagined the competition would be of exceedingly high standard but its a nice surprise! :h:

For those interested: 10A*s (including 9 in Maths) Acorn Level 2/4 and on the 16-19 bursary, living with a single parent (neither went to uni).

Awesome 😊 I don’t know anyone else doing this course so far. It shocked me at how competitive the programme is, but I’m very happy.
Original post by hebahp
I got into UNIQ Computer Science which is running 15th to 20th July!! Can't seem to find anyone else on this thread who has (I think there were 20 places??) but please PM me if you did. So excited! :smile:

Heyup! Not the same course, I'm on History: Race and Protest but the same dates as you!
Original post by ChairTyson
got in for economics please feel free to pm

I got in for economics too :smile:
I got in for Humanities in the spring :smile: I do english literature, spanish and biology and if anybody’s interested I got 8 A*s and an A and my acorn and POLAR level was pretty low but not the lowest. So excited!!
Original post by time4twice
I got 3A*s 8As which is in about the top 5-10% at my school so even though my GCSEs aren't great they are extremely good for my area and a Polar of 51 and my Acorn is 1 which is means a very low progression to higher education additionally I'm part of Target Oxbridge and my mum didn't go to uni (single mum)

Hey did you get accepted onto Target Oxbridge this year?? I got a place a few days ago :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending