The Student Room Group

OU Computing and IT Communications&Networking

Hello, is anyone studying this degree at Open University? I will enroll this March and I'd like to get some opinions/reviews on this course. Is it worth it? Is it hard? Thanks in advance!
Original post by Chanteure
Hello, is anyone studying this degree at Open University? I will enroll this March and I'd like to get some opinions/reviews on this course. Is it worth it? Is it hard? Thanks in advance!

I worked with a lady who studied Computing through the OU. It's certainly is not a piece of cake from what I've seen, but it is doable it you can work on your stuff consistently. The forums for the OU seemed to be a great help for her.

It allowed her to gain entry to a masters degree in an RG uni, so if you consider that "worth it" or not is up to you. Where the OU isn't so strong is getting you a work placement, so if you don't already work in tech it can be tricky to get experience going to the OU. You can do projects in your spare time, but if you are working and doing a degree part time you won't have a lot of spare time.
Reply 2
My sisters husband graduates this year in IT and Computing but in Software development path. He worked full time alongside studying. I will do the same, I wanted to know if it's worth taking Networking path
Original post by Chanteure
My sisters husband graduates this year in IT and Computing but in Software development path. He worked full time alongside studying. I will do the same, I wanted to know if it's worth taking Networking path

When you say "worth it" you have to have a goal in mind. If you want to become a paramedic, no a Computing degree at the OU is not worth it. Do you work in tech at the moment?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending