The Student Room Group

Pgce interview

Could anyone advise me on what to expect on the PGCE primary interview for UWE? I know there is a 4 min micro teach which I think I have covered. Just wondering if anyone has any tips on the interview? Would be greatly appreciated :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Just be yourself.

Only kidding. Although that old chestnut is true; the interviewers will want to see a genuine and sincere person who is passionate about teaching. During your presentation, be passionate, be sincere and convey a real interest in the ideas you are teaching. You don't have to be technically brilliant, just show enough raw confidence and enthusiasm (as the PGCE is designed to mould your character into a better and more effective teacher).

I'd also go in prepared to answer questions on "why do you want to be a teahcer?", "what are the current challenges for teachers?" and "how important is inclusion and diversity?".
Reply 2
Original post by sp00kymcflukey
Just be yourself.

Only kidding. Although that old chestnut is true; the interviewers will want to see a genuine and sincere person who is passionate about teaching. During your presentation, be passionate, be sincere and convey a real interest in the ideas you are teaching. You don't have to be technically brilliant, just show enough raw confidence and enthusiasm (as the PGCE is designed to mould your character into a better and more effective teacher).

I'd also go in prepared to answer questions on "why do you want to be a teahcer?", "what are the current challenges for teachers?" and "how important is inclusion and diversity?".

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending