The Student Room Group

Could this be bad news for me?

I have been talking to a girl online for a few weeks now and we have been getting on great. She told me she is recently went through a break up so she hasn't been single long but we had arranged to go on a date next week. We are both excited about the date but she this morning she said her ex has started talking to her again. She hasn't gave me any details about why they broke up or who ended it but she said she doesn't know how to feel about him talking to her again. Could this be a bad thing for me because I was thinking old emotions might get stirred up and she might want to get back with him. Can I have peoples opinions on this please? Thanks
Reply 1
Bump
Original post by michael1010
Bump

When this happens, it can change everything. My ex and I were telling each other we loved each other, but that was before her ex started calling her up.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
When this happens, it can change everything. My ex and I were telling each other we loved each other, but that was before her ex started calling her up.

Yeah that's what I'm worried about. We're still talking but she said she wants to rearrange the date because of the weather which isn't seeming like a good sign.
Yeah that's what I'm worried about. We're still talking but she said she wants to rearrange the date because of the weather which isn't seeming like a good sign.

I don't know where you live but the weather could be a real excuse right now, many people in remote areas are totally snowed in!! (Including me :biggrin:)

But it could potentially be bad that her ex is talking to her again, but then again maybe not. I guess if you are interested you'll have to play it by ear, see what shes like on a date, maybe ask a few questions about it and if you find her playing hot and cold a lot with her communication with you going forward then you know somethings probably still going on.
Reply 5
Original post by In One Ear
I don't know where you live but the weather could be a real excuse right now, many people in remote areas are totally snowed in!! (Including me :biggrin:)

But it could potentially be bad that her ex is talking to her again, but then again maybe not. I guess if you are interested you'll have to play it by ear, see what shes like on a date, maybe ask a few questions about it and if you find her playing hot and cold a lot with her communication with you going forward then you know somethings probably still going on.

Yeah I would understand her excuse about the weather if we were supposed to be meeting soon but we aren't supposed to be meeting until next week so it just seems a bit early to cancel because of the weather
Reply 6
Yes. Tread carefully when you date someone who only just broke up. You could well be the rebound.
Reply 7
Original post by UWS
Yes. Tread carefully when you date someone who only just broke up. You could well be the rebound.

She already said she doesn't know if she wants another relationship yet but if she clicks with someone she will be really happy to go on dates and see where it goes so I don't think I would be the rebound.
She already said she doesn't know if she wants another relationship yet but if she clicks with someone she will be really happy to go on dates and see where it goes so I don't think I would be the rebound.

I was the rebound and it seriously ****ed me up. So for God's sake hold onto her attention.
Try to turn her off her ex. Manipulation works great, I've manipulated all my friends and girlfriends all my life and it's worked great.

Quick Reply