The Student Room Group

Advice for enhanced DBS check

Apologies if I posted in the wrong forum.

I'm having continuous worries about a future enhanced DBS check. A job I want (in the health and social care area) requires an enhanced DBS check, I'm 15 currently so I won't be applying for any care jobs until I'm 18+. Anyway, 1 year ago (when I had just turned 14) I had an online argument with someone and some harsh things were said. He claimed that I had chased him with a sharp weapon (which is untrue) and the PCSOs got involved. I wasn't arrested or taken to the station, I got no caution, conviction or criminal record, the PCSOs just spoke to me a few times, referred me to the school counsellor and that was that, really. Nothing else has come from the incident since.

I'm going on to do a college course in health and social next year and then eventually work with seniors in a care home. Regardless of having no criminal record, is this the sort of thing that shows up on an enhanced DBS check? It's really worrying me.
Original post by Lee1357

I'm having continuous worries about a future enhanced DBS check. A job I want (in the health and social care area) requires an enhanced DBS check, I'm 15 currently so I won't be applying for any care jobs until I'm 18+. Anyway, 1 year ago (when I had just turned 14) I had an online argument with someone and some harsh things were said. He claimed that I had chased him with a sharp weapon (which is untrue) and the PCSOs got involved. I wasn't arrested or taken to the station, I got no caution, conviction or criminal record, the PCSOs just spoke to me a few times, referred me to the school counsellor and that was that, really. Nothing else has come from the incident since.

I'm going on to do a college course in health and social next year and then eventually work with seniors in a care home. Regardless of having no criminal record, is this the sort of thing that shows up on an enhanced DBS check? It's really worrying me.

If you didn't receive a caution then it won't show up.
Reply 2
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
If you didn't receive a caution then it won't show up.

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Lee1357

Why do you keep posting this?

Same as last time . No record means nothing to worry about. Ring NACRO whom I left you the details for on your previous thread.
Original post by Lee1357

I don't think it will show up because it is a check of YOUR criminal record not someone elses. Do not worry.
Reply 5
Original post by lolzo_returns
I don't think it will show up because it is a check of YOUR criminal record not someone elses. Do not worry.

I don't have a criminal record but he did report me to the PCSOs (or the school who then spoke to the PCSOs) and I was spoken to about the messages I sent (in the argument) which resulted in him saying I had chased him
Reply 6
Original post by 999tigger
Why do you keep posting this?

Same as last time . No record means nothing to worry about. Ring NACRO whom I left you the details for on your previous thread.

Sorry, I'm a worrying person haha
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Lee1357
I don't have a criminal record but he did report me to the PCSOs (or the school who then spoke to the PCSOs) and I was spoken to about the messages I sent (in the argument) which resulted in him saying I had chased him

It was only a talk, not serious so do not worry.
Reply 8
Original post by lolzo_returns
It was only a talk, not serious so do not worry.

Thank you :smile:)
Original post by Lee1357
Sorry, I'm a worrying person haha

Perhaps you will feel better if someone says you are in trouble.

Quick Reply

Latest