The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship [2018]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Undefined..
You have to rank all the schemes in order of preference, and this is the same for location, though you don't have to select all of them. I've just finished the online parts of it, we get the results back within 8 weeks.

How you find them? Had to rush the last few questions of the maths lol
Original post by J0eJ0e994
How you find them? Had to rush the last few questions of the maths lol

Yeah I was rushing them like mad aha, situational judgement was alright I thought, what you applied for?
Original post by EDMacRae
What did you apply for?

Policy, you?
Original post by Undefined..
Policy, you?

Same Policy for London
Reply 24
I’ve just applied to project delivery and business in Cardiff! Good luck everyone 🤗
Reply 25
Good luck everyone, I've just applied for Business in Shipley/Leeds.Haven't done the tests yet as I'm doing some quick revision lolReally not much time to complete all those questions are there? Anyway get ready for a long agonising wait 😂
Anyone know when the assessment centres will be held? I'm going travelling in June 🙃
Just done the online tests. Completed the verbal ones, timed out on numeracy and am uncertain about the situational judgement. What a start!
Reply 28
Original post by EDMacRae
Just done the online tests. Completed the verbal ones, timed out on numeracy and am uncertain about the situational judgement. What a start!

Lol you're not the only one. I guess lots of people time out on them
Original post by Jid12
Lol you're not the only one. I guess lots of people time out on them

That's quite reassuring. Hope they go well for you.
Reply 30
Good luck all, just applied for Business and Commercial in Liverpool and finance in Warrington, will be attempting the online tests tonight, I applied last year and was average on the online tests so didn't make it to the next stage so hopin for a better outcome this year 🤞
I think the idea is that you might time out but you’ve answered the questions that you have done correctly and not gone through clicking any answer just to answer them all if that makes sense.. as they always say quality over quantity!

I also applied last year and got average in everything.. I’ve applied for the same schemes this year and hoping for a better result on the online tests which I’ve just completed.

I will say though I don’t think anything can prepare you for situational judgement.. it’s so difficult as what I would deem as the most effective response someone else might not think is effective at all.. very hard when you’re going through them trying to think 😪😪
Original post by BecciA123
I think the idea is that you might time out but you’ve answered the questions that you have done correctly and not gone through clicking any answer just to answer them all if that makes sense.. as they always say quality over quantity!

I also applied last year and got average in everything.. I’ve applied for the same schemes this year and hoping for a better result on the online tests which I’ve just completed.

I will say though I don’t think anything can prepare you for situational judgement.. it’s so difficult as what I would deem as the most effective response someone else might not think is effective at all.. very hard when you’re going through them trying to think 😪😪

Whoops I went through and guessed the last couple on each as I was running out of time 🙃
Original post by J0eJ0e994
Whoops I went through and guessed the last couple on each as I was running out of time 🙃

I can’t see that being a problem for a couple.. who knows you may have ticked the right ones 🤷🏻*♀️😃

I just mean if you do that on the whole test rather than read the questions and work out the correct answer.. I’m sure some people would just guess for the whole thing because they want to beat the clock haha 🤔😃
I’ve already submitted my application and done the tests! Very intense and would make sure you have plenty of time to complete it all, I’ve applied for policy as my number one choice and project delivery as my second. So nervous but they said I should get a reply within 8 weeks !
Original post by elroberts
I’ve already submitted my application and done the tests! Very intense and would make sure you have plenty of time to complete it all, I’ve applied for policy as my number one choice and project delivery as my second. So nervous but they said I should get a reply within 8 weeks !

Good luck elroberts!! Last years waiting game was veryyyyy long but made all the more enjoyable on last years thread 🤪🤪🤪
Original post by BecciA123
Good luck elroberts!! Last years waiting game was veryyyyy long but made all the more enjoyable on last years thread 🤪🤪🤪

Thankyou! Did you have to wait the full 8 weeks last year too?! So nervous !
Anybody else apply for multiple schemes in multiple locations? I applied for 4 of the schemes in about 9 places; I was wondering if anybody else from this year’s applicants or last year’s has any idea on how common that is? What did all you guys apply for?
Reply 38
Original post by GladstonianLib
Anybody else apply for multiple schemes in multiple locations? I applied for 4 of the schemes in about 9 places; I was wondering if anybody else from this year’s applicants or last year’s has any idea on how common that is? What did all you guys apply for?

It shows a lack of commitment and passion but it shouldn't be a major issue.
Original post by JoshuaE
It shows a lack of commitment and passion but it shouldn't be a major issue.

Are you on the course at the moment then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending