The Student Room Group

Did not write my middle name in igcse

what happens if i write a wrong name in igcse exam? but my candidate number and centre number are right.
Reply 1
Technically, you wont have any GCSEs, but I don't think it will even matter
Reply 2
It may n9t be a big issue but for good measure check the guidelines.
Reply 3
If you missed out your middle name it will not matter at all.
Reply 4
Original post by Hybrid10
Technically, you wont have any GCSEs, but I don't think it will even matter

Didn't get you is it a provlem or not
Original post by Vistonboy
what happens if i write a wrong name in igcse exam? but my candidate number and centre number are right.

No problem.

I omit my middle name on all documents apart from passport/driving licence/UCAS applications.

Your GCSE certificates will have your middle name on it though, even if you didn't put it on the front of the exam paper.
Reply 6
Original post by Vistonboy

Writing the wrong name would potentially be a big issue because technically it's not you/ fraudulent.
Not including your middle name is totally fine. Actually I'd bet most people don't.
With most documents it's only your first and last name that matter unless specifically stated otherwise, especially if you have other identifying information like your candidate number.
You'll be fine. I did this several times for both my GCSEs and A-levels and wasn't penalised. :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Blue_Cow
Your GCSE certificates will have your middle name on it though, even if you didn't put it on the front of the exam paper.

It's the centre's choice whether to make entries by all names, first and last name with middle initials or just first and last name.
Original post by Compost
It's the centre's choice whether to make entries by all names, first and last name with middle initials or just first and last name.

Ah I had no idea!
Original post by Blue_Cow
Ah I had no idea!

I expect a lot of exams officers don't either. It's quite an obscure setting in the software and if you inherit it you'd just carry on with it.
Original post by Art.Sibande
You'll be fine. I did this several times for both my GCSEs and A-levels and wasn't penalised. :smile:

Are you sure that you were not penalised for not writing middle name?

Quick Reply

Latest