The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Rejected reading university halls and can't reapply....... what do?

I applied for my uni halls a couple of days ago and received an offer for a catered hall which was my third preference with my top two being self catered halls. I rejected the offer thinking I could simply reapply again and put down all self catered halls instead. However, I didn't realise you can only apply once and now I have to look for private accommodation instead. I've emailed and rung up the accommodation office and they said they'd get back to me. Any advice on what I should do next? tbh would just like to be in halls at this point. Thanks :smile:
Original post by Annawalker660
I applied for my uni halls a couple of days ago and received an offer for a catered hall which was my third preference with my top two being self catered halls. I rejected the offer thinking I could simply reapply again and put down all self catered halls instead. However, I didn't realise you can only apply once and now I have to look for private accommodation instead. I've emailed and rung up the accommodation office and they said they'd get back to me. Any advice on what I should do next? tbh would just like to be in halls at this point. Thanks :smile:

Just wait for a reply from the Accommodation office. I'd imagine with the severe inclement weather right now, they're understaffed.

I'll move this over to the Reading subforum too :borat:
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Thank you!
Original post by Blue_Cow
Just wait for a reply from the Accommodation office. I'd imagine with the severe inclement weather right now, they're understaffed.

I'll move this over to the Reading subforum too :borat:

Hello :smile:

Sorry to hear this - but definitely get in touch with the accommodation office and I am sure they will be able to help you. Their email address is [email protected] and the phone number is +44 (0)118 378 4203.

It is also a visit day on Saturday so the accommodation office will be extremely busy so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back from them straight away - but I am sure the situation will be rectified soon!

Good luck and all the best. If you have anymore questions then let us know.

Alice :h:
Food Science Placement Student
Original post by UniofReading
Hello :smile:

Sorry to hear this - but definitely get in touch with the accommodation office and I am sure they will be able to help you. Their email address is [email protected] and the phone number is +44 (0)118 378 4203.

It is also a visit day on Saturday so the accommodation office will be extremely busy so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back from them straight away - but I am sure the situation will be rectified soon!

Good luck and all the best. If you have anymore questions then let us know.

Food Science Placement Student

You might want to quote the right person :tongue:

@Annawalker660
Original post by Blue_Cow
You might want to quote the right person :tongue:

@Annawalker660

Sorry! Thank you!
Original post by Annawalker660

Hi,

I have replied to your post at the bottom of this thread!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending