The Student Room Group

Women in Maths Residential?

Has anyone heard anything back yet? We're supposed to find out today (or before today) and it's starting to get late and still not a peep. I haven't heard anything about anyone even applying though. I'm really paranoid my teacher never sent off the reference...
I heard back yesterday and I got a place! Hope it all goes okay for you
Reply 2
Original post by Odetosophxo
I heard back yesterday and I got a place! Hope it all goes okay for you

Thanks, but I just got a rejection email. I can't understand how, without sounding too whiny and entitled, as the application process was less aggressive than UNIQ, the latter of which had even more competition, yet I still got a place with UNIQ. This is the second time I've been scorned by Cambridge, and I'm starting to question whether I even want to go at this point.
Reply 3
Original post by cambbe
Thanks, but I just got a rejection email. I can't understand how, without sounding too whiny and entitled, as the application process was less aggressive than UNIQ, the latter of which had even more competition, yet I still got a place with UNIQ. This is the second time I've been scorned by Cambridge, and I'm starting to question whether I even want to go at this point.

University admissions is entirely different to getting onto these programmes. :wink:

Indeed it's "harder" to get on Sutton Trust than a Cambridge place...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Doonesbury
University admissions is entirely different to getting onto these programmes. :wink:

Indeed it's "harder" to get on Sutton Trust than a Cambridge place...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haing calmed down a little from my tantrum, I've accepted it a little more. Even so, now I am more determined than ever to at least become confident enough to apply to Cambridge. It's my favourite of Oxbridge, my favourite course, and my favourite college. It's almost like I'm spiting their rejection, as petty as it is, as there are so few places for these residentials, I really shouldn't have expected much different.
Reply 5
Original post by cambbe
and my favourite college.

Yeah, Christ's is lovely. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cambbe
Haing calmed down a little from my tantrum, I've accepted it a little more. Even so, now I am more determined than ever to at least become confident enough to apply to Cambridge. It's my favourite of Oxbridge, my favourite course, and my favourite college. It's almost like I'm spiting their rejection, as petty as it is, as there are so few places for these residentials, I really shouldn't have expected much different.

I sort of know how you’re feeling because I applied to go to CERN for their summer camp and I got rejected today. Tbh there was only 30 places at CERN and there was more than 1,000 applicants.
Reply 7
Original post by Odetosophxo
I sort of know how you’re feeling because I applied to go to CERN for their summer camp and I got rejected today. Tbh there was only 30 places at CERN and there was more than 1,000 applicants.

Exactly why I've calmed down a bit more now. I'm sad that I didn't get on, I really, really am. Maybe I'll get in on the reserve, maybe not, I won't hold my breath, it's competitive. I genuinely believe that actually applications directly to the universities aren't as exclusive and disorganised.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending