The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Lincoln Uni Accomodation Application site completely broken?

Anybody else having the site completely crash and/or not let them in now that the application process has started?
Yeah, they had problems because too many people were trying to access it I think. It should work now.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by michpcx
Yeah, they had problems because too many people were trying to access it I think. It should work now.

Yeah, i was sat on the site till like 1pm before it loaded for me.

That was stressful lol
Literally same, I applied after 1ish. Which accomedation did you choose as first?
Reply 4
Original post by michpcx
Literally same, I applied after 1ish. Which accommodation did you choose as first?

The gateway, was gonna go with Cignet Warf but its across the river and apparently has sewage problems (?)
Also my best friend is ALSO going to gateway and we picked the whole 'hey put me near this dude' option lol
Hey, same! I am doing computer science which is literally opposite street from The Gateway so it will be really close.
Reply 6
Original post by michpcx
Hey, same! I am doing computer science which is literally opposite street from The Gateway so it will be really close.

Wow! I'm doing biological sciences which is either right accross the way or its the opposite side of campus.... idk.

(honestly i picked a bit of an ozymoron, its close to MacDonalds but also apparently a gym... both things i considered)
I didn't hear about the Gym but I love how close McDonalds is. I guess I will have to stack up on McDonalds' Big Mac vouchers :biggrin: The rooms are really nice aswell, some accomedations Ive seen in other unis they literally have a hole in the floor for a shower and here we have full on shower cabin.
Reply 8
Original post by michpcx
I didn't hear about the Gym but I love how close McDonalds is. I guess I will have to stack up on McDonalds' Big Mac vouchers :biggrin: The rooms are really nice aswell, some accomedations Ive seen in other unis they literally have a hole in the floor for a shower and here we have full on shower cabin.

Hey don't dis wet-rooms, they are super convenient, even if like every surface is one slippy mess that may kill you
it adds excitement to ur routine, ya know, the fear of death because of a slippy floor

Also yeah apparently there's a gym but I can't find any info on it, the lincoln.ac.uk site has pics of it and I heard that like in 2015 it was mostly for cardio but since then there's been no news and the site comes up with a 'database area'... who even knows.

(okay yeah just realised how to bolden and i've gone overboard)
I mean I heard from my friend that they are really good when you come back from the party really drunk and you can't aim to the toilet 😂 That would be so good if it had one, literally everything I will need within 5 minutes of walking distance. Plus normally they are free for people who live in that building.
Reply 10
Original post by michpcx
I mean I heard from my friend that they are really good when you come back from the party really drunk and you can't aim to the toilet 😂 That would be so good if it had one, literally everything I will need within 5 minutes of walking distance. Plus normally they are free for people who live in that building.

good point.
Yeah like I hope that, if they do have one, that its 24 hours cus like I always end up exercising at like 2am :indiff:

Here's hoping we get in tho!
Why so late? 😂 And I think we have pretty good chance. Theres lots of rooms there and we applied literally 3 hours after registration opened so hopefully.
Reply 12
Original post by michpcx
Why so late? 😂 And I think we have pretty good chance. Theres lots of rooms there and we applied literally 3 hours after registration opened so hopefully.

Lol cus im the worst at organising, and also less people to see me then lol
Fair enough :biggrin: Now we just have to wait for the results day for reply
Reply 14
Original post by michpcx
Fair enough :biggrin: Now we just have to wait for the results day for reply

that point when you both dread it and want it to come faster
Original post by ThisDude
that point when you both dread it and want it to come faster

I don't know, I am really excited to go to uni so I cannot wait :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest