The Student Room Group

Why do boys remove girls?

Why do boys choose to remove/block/ghost girls? Is it because they aren’t interested, and it’s an easy way out? Or is there more to it? I would really appreciate opinions from boys, not just girls.

Scroll to see replies

I remove girls with annoying Snapchat stories all the time. If you post 3-hour-long videos to your story at a concert or take pictures of that smirnoff ice in your hand, chances are you're getting deleted.
Reply 2
Original post by cataplasia
I remove girls with annoying Snapchat stories all the time. If you post 3-hour-long videos to your story at a concert or take pictures of that smirnoff ice in your hand, chances are you're getting deleted.

I barely ever post on my story, and when I do, it’s just pictures with friends like he posts himself.
Original post by Ebony55
I barely ever post on my story, and when I do, it’s just pictures with friends like he posts himself.

Hmm. Is it possible he has another girl that he is getting close with/has gotten with, and he perhaps thought it would be best to remove you?
Reply 4
I used to have this girl on my sc that I had clearly and politely expressed to that I wasn't interested in, and never would be, because I was in a relationship, but who would keep basically harassing me with things like "come see me". That thot got deleted
It means he doesn't wish to communicate with you any longer.
Reply 6
Hmm. Is it possible he has another girl that he is getting close with/has gotten with, and he perhaps thought it would be best to remove you?

That is one of the most likely reasons as to why he removed me, but I don’t know for certain. Do you think it is worthwhile me messaging him and asking why he removed me? Or is it something that is best just left?
When they're playing mind games or if they're lying / being fake.
Original post by Ebony55
That is one of the most likely reasons as to why he removed me, but I don’t know for certain. Do you think it is worthwhile me messaging him and asking why he removed me? Or is it something that is best just left?

If it's seriously playing on your mind (which I can see it is), then yeah if I were in your position I would ask him. What harm would come from it - you're not wrong for wanting to know why.
Reply 9
Original post by Xanarchy
I used to have this girl on my sc that I had clearly and politely expressed to that I wasn't interested in, and never would be, because I was in a relationship, but who would keep basically harassing me with things like "come see me". That thot got deleted

Your comment reminded me of someone from my past :smile: So annoying when they don’t just take the hint!
I would usually remove a girl if i either havnt chatted with them in a while or dont want to talk to them.
Reply 11
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
When they're playing mind games or if they're lying / being fake.

So for example, he could have removed me so that I message him elsewhere to show I’m interested as he’s uncertain about my feelings?
Original post by Ebony55

If you have strong feelings for them then message then via other ways but if not just move on
Original post by Ebony55
So for example, he could have removed me so that I message him elsewhere to show I’m interested as he’s uncertain about my feelings?

No not thats hes uncertain he just wants you to take the bait.
Reply 14
Original post by badmantipster
I would usually remove a girl if i either havnt chatted with them in a while or dont want to talk to them.

What if you hadn’t spoke to them for say 4 days? Would you remove them then?
Reply 15
If it's seriously playing on your mind (which I can see it is), then yeah if I were in your position I would ask him. What harm would come from it - you're not wrong for wanting to know why.

Thank you so much for your opinions and advice. There is no harm in just asking someone a question :smile:
Original post by Ebony55

Perhaps. Maybe he just removed you because he doesn't talk to you much so not much point having you on his friends?
Original post by Ebony55
What if you hadn’t spoke to them for say 4 days? Would you remove them then?

No im saying more like years and months
Reply 18
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
Perhaps. Maybe he just removed you because he doesn't talk to you much so not much point having you on his friends?

We spoke 2-3 times in a day, several times a week. He usually messaged me first and we got on really well. So now I don’t understand why he’s removed me
Original post by Ebony55
We spoke 2-3 times in a day, several times a week. He usually messaged me first and we got on really well. So now I don’t understand why he’s removed me

It seems quite random but I think he maybe trying to play with u

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending