The Student Room Group

Question for Muslim girls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by k.n.h.
How has the woman 'left' Islam when she marries someone of a different faith? She can still practice her religion.. and how does a multi-faith marriage fail to achieve the 'love and mercy' needed in marriage? Lastly, why is this exclusive to females? Couldn't this same reasoning be applied to males?

She has left Islam because technically you can only be in one religion at any one time.

It will bring about disagreements which at times can be portrayed as futile however this does not mean that it will occur to all Muslim females who decide to marry someone of a different faith. Love and mercy here is referring to Allah as she has left her religion.

Not the same rulings however there is a ruling that if a male was to marry a person of the book or a Jew, the female would have to revert if she is of another religion or even if the male is of another religion and the female is a Muslim.
Original post by Anonymous
how would she come out of islam instantly? explain the reasoning behind this

She can only be in one practicing religion at any giving time.
Original post by MiszshorTea786
She has left Islam because technically you can only be in one religion at any one time.

It will bring about disagreements which at times can be portrayed as futile however this does not mean that it will occur to all Muslim females who decide to marry someone of a different faith. Love and mercy here is referring to Allah as she has left her religion.

Not the same rulings however there is a ruling that if a male was to marry a person of the book or a Jew, the female would have to revert if she is of another religion or even if the male is of another religion and the female is a Muslim.

You're not making any sense. what does this have to do with anything? shes still a muslim if she marries a non muslim?
She can only be in one practicing religion at any giving time.

but SHE IS. how is she changing her religion is she marries a jew or christian?

Why are women regarded as an Ex-Muslim if she marries a Non-Muslim, and not men when they marry an Non-Muslim? Isn't that sexist - there's no discernible reason that I know of why this is the case..
(edited 6 years ago)
You're not making any sense. what does this have to do with anything? shes still a muslim if she marries a non muslim?

No, shes not if she marries she has left Islam. One cannot be practicing two religions at once.

Therefore, she would begin to live her religion as the man she marries instead so if the man is a christian or a Jew she would now be classed as a christian or a Jew because she has lost belief of the 7 articles of faith.
No, shes not if she marries she has left Islam. One cannot be practicing two religions at once.

Therefore, she would begin to live her religion as the man she marries instead so if the man is a christian or a Jew she would now be classed as a christian or a Jew because she has lost belief of the 7 articles of faith.

Your still not answering my question lol

why is a muslim man STILL a muslim is he marries a jew or christian?

No reason it seems, just sexism lol

Sorry, I will address the first point again this time in more detail as opposed to the other point.(Just found my notes!).

I will answer this question too. Sorry about that.
Original post by k.n.h.
No reason it seems, just sexism lol

im a muslim myself and yet i still see the many things which are sexist in islam. shes just acting like she doesnt care about equal rights lol

I'm not a muslim, but I'd imagine it's a tradition my dude.
Best comparison I can think of is like how you would adopt the husband's surname.
It's a norm, but in the case of the adoption of the husband's religion it's also probably stated as necessary in their holy texts rather than just being purely a societal convention.

Spoiler

Original post by Tosspot
I'm not a muslim, but I'd imagine it's a tradition my dude.
Best comparison I can think of is like how you would adopt the husband's surname.
It's a norm, but in the case of the adoption of the husband's religion it's also probably stated as necessary in their holy texts rather than just being purely a societal convention.

Spoiler

im not taking my husbands name lol i dont care if its the norm its sexist that the point and she isn't acknowledging this. how unfair is it that if a woman marries a jew or christian she is no longer a muslim but a man STILL is he marries a jew or christian? its ridiculous
im not taking my husbands name lol i dont care if its the norm its sexist that the point and she isn't acknowledging this. how unfair is it that if a woman marries a jew or christian she is no longer a muslim but a man STILL is he marries a jew or christian? its ridiculous

Hold on, it will be with you soon InshaAllah(God-willing.). I have to simplify it from one language to another.

Spoiler

I mean it’s not as deep as youre making it out to be. Personally whenever I visit my parents’ countries I tend to get proposals from random people, nothing serious I’m guessing, but the *serious* marriage proposals come about through word-of-mouth. This tends to happen at weddings/events where (typically mothers) search for potentials for their children. It’s actually a bit weird now that I am writing it out but it’s culture more than anything - I mean, it’s not a religious thing to have your partner picked out for you. And not being married isn’t as devastating to Muslims as your question seems to imply lol.
(edited 6 years ago)
Apologies, I misunderstood. I agree with you.

Original post by Bham369
Possibly be hard to find a guy for me marry but in the town I come from the guy always asks so I'm not worried. By the time comes I will be old enough to marry and educated enough to be able to marry well. I am nearly 18 so I am aware that guys will be looking but I won't even think about accepting until next year.

In my culture the boy's eldest female relative will call the girl's eldest relative and say he wishes to marry her. A supervised meeting is arranged and after 1/2 meets the girl and her family decides whether they will marry.

Thanks for answering. What culture are you from? If you mind me asking.
If you don’t mind me asking*
The way things are going...it looks like no one wants me :lol:
Original post by sportyegg
I mean it’s not as deep as youre making it out to be. Personally whenever I visit my parents’ countries I tend to get proposals from random people, nothing serious I’m guessing, but the *serious* marriage proposals come about through word-of-mouth. This tends to happen at weddings/events where (typically mothers) search for potentials for their children. It’s actually a bit weird now that I am writing it out but it’s culture more than anything - I mean, it’s not a religious thing to have your partner picked out for you. And not being married isn’t as devastating to Muslims as your question seems to imply lol.

Thanks. I’m asking to see the different viewpoints of Muslim females as there are different cultures and because marriage is half our deen.

Original post by Biryani007
The way things are going...it looks like no one wants me :lol:

How come? How old are you? When do you think you’re most likely to get married?
Do you think it will be hard for you to find someone for marriage? If you haven’t had any proposals yet, does it make you worry?
How does it work in your family/culture?

If you are already married, how did it happen?

I'm 23 and honestly have no idea how it'll happen. My family are fine with me finding whoever I want to marry, as long as he's a Muslim (which I also want him to be).

I'm just sort of hoping I'll bump into someone one day but that's appearing increasingly unlikely. I know plenty of Muslim guys and live in an area with alot of Muslims but have yet to come across someone I like. It sounds like i'm up myself but the quality of men around where I live is really quite poor and i'd rather stay alone than lower my standards.

People criticise arranged (not forced) marriages, however, I personally find them rather useful. It's nice having potential 'dates' lined up to consider instead of having to go out there and search for yourself. And I have tried looking myself but am having no luck :frown:
Original post by Sara_t
I'm 23 and honestly have no idea how it'll happen. My family are fine with me finding whoever I want to marry, as long as he's a Muslim (which I also want him to be).

I'm just sort of hoping I'll bump into someone one day but that's appearing increasingly unlikely. I know plenty of Muslim guys and live in an area with alot of Muslims but have yet to come across someone I like. It sounds like i'm up myself but the quality of men around where I live is really quite poor and i'd rather stay alone than lower my standards.

People criticise arranged (not forced) marriages, however, I personally find them rather useful. It's nice having potential 'dates' lined up to consider instead of having to go out there and search for yourself. And I have tried looking myself but am having no luck :frown:

What do you mean the quality is poor? Whats wrong with these muslim dudes?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending