The Student Room Group

The Return of Lolzo. AMA.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gjd800
Yes. It just strikes me as a bit odd to go on a forum with such a specific agenda. Still, have at it.

Yeah, I get what you mean, but this agenda may not even work out, you never know.
Reply 41
Original post by lolzo_returns
Yeah, I get what you mean, but this agenda may not even work out, you never know.

Well, good luck, I guess!
Original post by gjd800
Well, good luck, I guess!

Thanks

It’s like you’re trying to present yourself as a celebrity or a personality, rather than a person. Which isn’t really in key with the vibe of tsr.

I can’t really put my finger on it, the way you write is like the script of a youtuber rather than an equal. It’s a tad condescending.?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by AspiringUnderdog
Any success?

Bristol: Rejected
Imperial: Got an interview, attended the interview and awaiting decision
UCL: Got an interview, attended the interview and awaiting decision
St Georges: Interview and offer
Self discovery and reflection. Also, I wanted to have a more calmer time on TSR and do threads that will be more accepted rather than random troll threads I did before.

Everyone's discovering themselves everyday I guess, even if we don't know it.

What GCSEs did you take?
Original post by cat_mac
It’s like you’re trying to present yourself as a celebrity or a personality, rather than a person. Which isn’t really in key with the vibe of tsr.

I can’t really put my finger on it, the way you write is like the script of a youtuber rather than an equal. It’s a tad condescending.?

Well that's your opinion. I honestly don't understand your problem with me though.
Original post by Cod3tte
Everyone's discovering themselves everyday I guess, even if we don't know it.

What GCSEs did you take?

I mean self discovery in like what I want to do in life etc.

I took Maths, Further Maths, English Lit, English Lang, Bio, Chem, Physics, Computer Science, Drama, History and French
I mean self discovery in like what I want to do in life etc.

I took Maths, Further Maths, English Lit, English Lang, Bio, Chem, Physics, Computer Science, Drama, History and French

Oh that's cool, I'm surprised you didn't take RS, isn't that compulsory in most schools?

And I didn't know there was such thing as further Maths, GCSE, I thought that was just in A-Level.

How did you do in Computer Science, I'm kind of a computer nerd so I just wanna know :tongue:
Original post by Cod3tte
Oh that's cool, I'm surprised you didn't take RS, isn't that compulsory in most schools?

And I didn't know there was such thing as further Maths, GCSE, I thought that was just in A-Level.

How did you do in Computer Science, I'm kind of a computer nerd so I just wanna know :tongue:

Sorry, I meant Additional Maths, not Further Maths!
And I did RS up to Year 8, but it was an option for GCSE, but I didn't choose it.
I got an A* in Computer Science which I am very happy about. I did OCR for that.
Bristol: Rejected
Imperial: Got an interview, attended the interview and awaiting decision
UCL: Got an interview, attended the interview and awaiting decision
St Georges: Interview and offer

Good luck with the last two then and mad one for St George's! What was your non-medicine choice btw?

Maybe you could give advice on applying to medicine.
Original post by AspiringUnderdog
Good luck with the last two then and mad one for St George's! What was your non-medicine choice btw?

Maybe you could give advice on applying to medicine.

My 5th one is Newcastle for biomedical sciences, which I got an offer. I will be extremely happy if I get one from Imperial.

Yeah, I might soon make a thread on giving advice on applying to medicine as that sounds like a good idea. The process is really challenging but staying calm throughout really helps.
Sorry, I meant Additional Maths, not Further Maths!
And I did RS up to Year 8, but it was an option for GCSE, but I didn't choose it.
I got an A* in Computer Science which I am very happy about. I did OCR for that.

I'm doing OCR computing now! I'm in year 10, and we just had our first exam and I got a grade 6 (B) and I was really annoyed I was literally 1 mark off of a grade 7 (A).

RS was compulsory in our school, but it's only a half GCSE, as we can only have an hour a week of it. If we want to make it a full GCSE, we have come back an hour after school every Monday, so I do with my friend. We're the only two people in year 10 doing that.

What do you do in additional Maths, again they don't offer it at our school. We were only allowed to do a maximum of 9 subjects. Technically it was supposed to be 8 and a half but because of the after school RS thing, it can go up to 9.
Original post by Cod3tte
I'm doing OCR computing now! I'm in year 10, and we just had our first exam and I got a grade 6 (B) and I was really annoyed I was literally 1 mark off of a grade 7 (A).

RS was compulsory in our school, but it's only a half GCSE, as we can only have an hour a week of it. If we want to make it a full GCSE, we have come back an hour after school every Monday, so I do with my friend. We're the only two people in year 10 doing that.

What do you do in additional Maths, again they don't offer it at our school. We were only allowed to do a maximum of 9 subjects. Technically it was supposed to be 8 and a half but because of the after school RS thing, it can go up to 9.

You have plenty of time to boost your computing grade to an 8 or 9. In additional maths, we just learn a few extra topics in maths that are in A-level. Everyone in Set 1 were meant to do it and I was in Set 1 so I had no choice but to take it. I got an A in it though.
You have plenty of time to boost your computing grade to an 8 or 9. In additional maths, we just learn a few extra topics in maths that are in A-level. Everyone in Set 1 were meant to do it and I was in Set 1 so I had no choice but to take it. I got an A in it though.

Did you do the 9-1 exams or the ABC exams?
Original post by Cod3tte
Did you do the 9-1 exams or the ABC exams?

I did the A* to U one. I was the last cohort to do the maths and english one. To be honest, I'm kind of glad. 9-1 sounds really tricky.
I did the A* to U one. I was the last cohort to do the maths and english one. To be honest, I'm kind of glad. 9-1 sounds really tricky.

It's not that bad, I mean the upside is no coursework (yipee) but the downside is you have to remember EVERYTHING... Saying that, I have a really good memory, I don't know why but stuff just sticks in my head :smile:
Original post by Cod3tte
It's not that bad, I mean the upside is no coursework (yipee) but the downside is you have to remember EVERYTHING... Saying that, I have a really good memory, I don't know why but stuff just sticks in my head :smile:

That's good to hear. Year 13 is way more tougher and that is the year I'm in now.
That's good to hear. Year 13 is way more tougher and that is the year I'm in now.

Final year of A-Level isn't it? Do you have coursework?
Original post by Cod3tte
Final year of A-Level isn't it? Do you have coursework?

I don't have coursework. And yeah it is the final year, so all I need to do is get those grades.

Quick Reply

Latest