The Student Room Group

Alevel exams coming up - rant....? :(

In 3 months and I can't revise a thing. All I can do is stress about how little time I have to get all my work done. I know alot of people also have to, but why is it that they seem to handle it all while I struggle to much and it drives me MAD, then I get a headache and get sleepy and end up napping which just makes me more stressed. Can't enjoy anything because everytime I do something it seems like a waste of time, that I could be revising in that time. But when I have time to revise, I DON'T :banghead: I never used to be like this, I remember my in GCSE's I was so motivated and happy to revise, I had confidence etc... Idk how to get of this cycle of anxiousness then going mad, giving up and procrastinating, then back to being anxious again :frown:

I have so much to do, i remember saying that by March I'll have roughly covered every topic in all subject and that I'd start doing past papers - all of them.
Guess what? I've done NOTHING after my mocks. And what I revised for my mocks i have already forgotten so I need to start from scratch and I don't think I have time, ans by thinking that I WASTING MORE TIME and that is my problem. I know what i am doing wrong but I cant help it, how can I not do this?
I am resitting maths too, so that's S1 C1 C2 C3 C4 and M1 that I need to revise. I have only revised c4 for the mock and nothing else. I struggle so much with it and M1 and haven't even touched the others, i am so behind :redface:
Also got bio and chem which I feel like I know nothing, like I know some stuff but i am mot confident answering the questions. Idk how to find the time to do, or how to stop wasting time being anxious about it idkkkkkkk
Original post by LunaCat
In 3 months and I can't revise a thing. All I can do is stress about how little time I have to get all my work done. I know alot of people also have to, but why is it that they seem to handle it all while I struggle to much and it drives me MAD, then I get a headache and get sleepy and end up napping which just makes me more stressed. Can't enjoy anything because everytime I do something it seems like a waste of time, that I could be revising in that time. But when I have time to revise, I DON'T :banghead: I never used to be like this, I remember my in GCSE's I was so motivated and happy to revise, I had confidence etc... Idk how to get of this cycle of anxiousness then going mad, giving up and procrastinating, then back to being anxious again :frown:

I have so much to do, i remember saying that by March I'll have roughly covered every topic in all subject and that I'd start doing past papers - all of them.
Guess what? I've done NOTHING after my mocks. And what I revised for my mocks i have already forgotten so I need to start from scratch and I don't think I have time, ans by thinking that I WASTING MORE TIME and that is my problem. I know what i am doing wrong but I cant help it, how can I not do this?
I am resitting maths too, so that's S1 C1 C2 C3 C4 and M1 that I need to revise. I have only revised c4 for the mock and nothing else. I struggle so much with it and M1 and haven't even touched the others, i am so behind :redface:
Also got bio and chem which I feel like I know nothing, like I know some stuff but i am mot confident answering the questions. Idk how to find the time to do, or how to stop wasting time being anxious about it idkkkkkkk

Calm down. What you can do is use the time you have left and work as hard as you can.

Have a plan to use it efficiently and then just take it day by day.

Effort for 4 months is all thats needed. You need to leave the exam room knowing you tried your best.

One day at a time and keep an eye on the revision plan. Get organised and dont forget practice exam papers.
Reply 2
Damn thats gunna be hard. Im resitting my as cuz i wasted soo much time last year and did like no work. But all I do now is work cuz of the fear of failing and I rly need to get into uni. All you need is motivation.
Reply 3
The scary thing is I am in a similar position as you!
chillll, im also doing bio and chem and most ppl I know don't feel confident at all. Just try your best to make sure the revision you do is actually effective and give yourself real breaks where you can waste time without the guilt. I was feeling the same in year 12 because I procrastinated a lot but this year I'm really trying to make the revision more interesting and im doing way more past papers which makes a huge difference. Start revising the topics you find most interesting to get you going and then move on to topics you struggle with and eventually you would have revised everything once by Easter so you can spend those two weeks touching up and doing past papers! Just stay motivated as much as you can and try to find interest in what you're learning :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by 999tigger
Calm down. What you can do is use the time you have left and work as hard as you can.

Have a plan to use it efficiently and then just take it day by day.

Effort for 4 months is all thats needed. You need to leave the exam room knowing you tried your best.

One day at a time and keep an eye on the revision plan. Get organised and dont forget practice exam papers.

I'm calmer about it now thanks. How many hours do you suggest I should do a day? I do about 2 a day but only of one subject atm. I know it's not enough but I'm a very slow learner, I take ages trying to understand something :redface:
Reply 6
Original post by AnALevelStudent
chillll, im also doing bio and chem and most ppl I know don't feel confident at all. Just try your best to make sure the revision you do is actually effective and give yourself real breaks where you can waste time without the guilt. I was feeling the same in year 12 because I procrastinated a lot but this year I'm really trying to make the revision more interesting and im doing way more past papers which makes a huge difference. Start revising the topics you find most interesting to get you going and then move on to topics you struggle with and eventually you would have revised everything once by Easter so you can spend those two weeks touching up and doing past papers! Just stay motivated as much as you can and try to find interest in what you're learning :biggrin:

Ao you think I should have revised everything in 6 weeks ish?
Thats a good idea, then I have timw in case I haven't covered something
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by aceplayyt
Damn thats gunna be hard. Im resitting my as cuz i wasted soo much time last year and did like no work. But all I do now is work cuz of the fear of failing and I rly need to get into uni. All you need is motivation.

I don't have motivation, i just have that dear if failure and disappointment everyone who expects me to do really good.
Original post by LunaCat
I'm calmer about it now thanks. How many hours do you suggest I should do a day? I do about 2 a day but only of one subject atm. I know it's not enough but I'm a very slow learner, I take ages trying to understand something :redface:

You know when the exam is.

You have to get through you material and then practice exam questions.

24 hours in a day.

Say 10 to eat and sleep.
Sat 6 for school

You should be revising when you arent doing other compulsory things imo2h Not enough. Use any spare time. I would get home, change, then revise, have dinner, then revise until c10:30. Chill for 30mins and sleep.

If you are a slow learner them have good notes or get revision books. We need more focus from you, just for 4 months.
Reply 9
You know when the exam is.

You have to get through you material and then practice exam questions.

24 hours in a day.

Say 10 to eat and sleep.
Sat 6 for school

You should be revising when you arent doing other compulsory things imo2h Not enough. Use any spare time. I would get home, change, then revise, have dinner, then revise until c10:30. Chill for 30mins and sleep.

If you are a slow learner them have good notes or get revision books. We need more focus from you, just for 4 months.

Aaah it's easier when you plan it out that way. I need to wake up early because 10 hours is sometimes how much I 'sleep' or pretend to sleep :redface:
So 8 hour sleep
2 hours eating, cleaning and house work
8 hours school actually, but includes 2 frees everyday, so *2 hour revision at school*
So 5- 6 hours study at home?
So overall 7-8 hours a a day, and maybe more on weekends.

Ooo i think i figured it out i just hope I can follow it :/

Thanks, was really useful.
Original post by LunaCat
Aaah it's easier when you plan it out that way. I need to wake up early because 10 hours is sometimes how much I 'sleep' or pretend to sleep :redface:
So 8 hour sleep
2 hours eating, cleaning and house work
8 hours school actually, but includes 2 frees everyday, so *2 hour revision at school*
So 5- 6 hours study at home?
So overall 7-8 hours a a day, and maybe more on weekends.

Ooo i think i figured it out i just hope I can follow it :/

Thanks, was really useful.

Its why you need a revision plan. Basically if you arent m sleeping, eating, travelling or compulsory lessons, then those spare hours are viable for revision. It should be your default. 2hours is way too low, just use all your time to work as hard as you can without going nutz and then rest after the exams. take it serious. More work now will be more marks in the exam and less panic later.

No time for ranting and panic, but you have to just get on with it.
Its why you need a revision plan. Basically if you arent m sleeping, eating, travelling or compulsory lessons, then those spare hours are viable for revision. It should be your default. 2hours is way too low, just use all your time to work as hard as you can without going nutz and then rest after the exams. take it serious. More work now will be more marks in the exam and less panic later.

No time for ranting and panic, but you have to just get on with it.

Yh you're eight, it's my fault, i procrastinate way too much, either because of my mood or because I panic and decide to leave everything for later which just makes things worse so I shouldn't. But idk how to help it alot of the times. I'll try my hardest not to in the next 4 months.

I don't do 2 hours everyday, sometimes it's 4 hours but then the next day i won't revise much other than in the frees I have at college.

Alrighty, I'll do an hour now, go to bed at half 11 and start off probably tomorrow morning!
Original post by LunaCat
Yh you're eight, it's my fault, i procrastinate way too much, either because of my mood or because I panic and decide to leave everything for later which just makes things worse so I shouldn't. But idk how to help it alot of the times. I'll try my hardest not to in the next 4 months.

I don't do 2 hours everyday, sometimes it's 4 hours but then the next day i won't revise much other than in the frees I have at college.

Alrighty, I'll do an hour now, go to bed at half 11 and start off probably tomorrow morning!

Look at your plan. Set weekly or daily targets x hours a day.

Procrastinate after the exams, but if you dont move your backside now, then you dont do yourself justice. 4 months is all you need.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending