The Student Room Group

Does height matter in a relationship?

I’m 5”3, and the smallest girl in my friendship group. Do you deem height to be an important factor when looking for a partner? I usually go for guys that are 5”9 and above. Do guys like dating short girls?
Reply 1
Being short is a feminine trait and generally regarded as cute. Many girls seem to find tallness attractive and set a minimum height rule of never dating anyone shorter than themselves.
As a girl it is a non-issue. As a man it can be a bigger deal.
Reply 3
Hi, I’m 5”1 and my boyfriend is a whopping 6”1. From my experience guys really like small girls.

Me and my friend (she’s 5”9) have asked guys in my college whether they prefer tall or short girls to see their opinion, and they always seem to say short! Obviously people will have their preferences, some guys will definitely prefer tall, but don’t think of your height as an obstacle.
Reply 4
Never has to me, but I'm relatively tall and so I have never had to think about it.
I'm a 5'9 guy and I have been rejected before for being "short", It's led me to be kind of insecure about my height :frown: just want to know why height matters to girls soo much?
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a 5'9 guy and I have been rejected before for being "short", It's led me to be kind of insecure about my height :frown: just want to know why height matters to girls soo much?

As a girl myself, I call tell you that we all have different preferences as to what height we prefer. To some, height is not an issue. It isn’t an issue to me, I’ve gone for guys who are 5”5 and up to 6”2. I do however prefer someone who’s a lot taller than I am because it makes me feel protected. I’m 5”2. But I wouldn’t not date someone just because of their height. Personality is important too.
Reply 7

I'm 5'3 and my girlfriend is about an inch taller than me. It really doesn't matter to every girl.
Original post by UWS
I'm 5'3 and my girlfriend is about an inch taller than me. It really doesn't matter to every girl.

cos shes clapped and had to settle
Reply 9
Original post by sinfonietta
As a girl it is a non-issue. As a man it can be a bigger deal.

I see what you did there

I’m 5”3, and the smallest girl in my friendship group. Do you deem height to be an important factor when looking for a partner? I usually go for guys that are 5”9 and above. Do guys like dating short girls?

Seems most guys prefer short girls, shouldn't be a problem for you my dude.
I personally don't care, but I'm a bloody manlet so I'm probably a bad example.

I'm a big girl ŵith a big personality even though I'm 5ft 4. I prefer dating guys 5ft10 and above because as Ebony55 said its nice to have a feeling of protection. But I usually go for tall and big built guys
I'm 5'2 and my fiance is 6'. As a youngster I told myself I would never date anyone shorter than me but thankfully I've never had to make that decision.
Original post by MickyMimi98
I'm a big girl ŵith a big personality even though I'm 5ft 4. I prefer dating guys 5ft10 and above because as Ebony55 said its nice to have a feeling of protection. But I usually go for tall and big built guys

Mate I know how you

Mate I know how you feel, you’ll find the right girl. My gf is 5’3 and I’m 5’9, you just gotta win them over with your personality 💪🏽

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending