The Student Room Group

ex-muslim hijabi... unfortunately AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by justanotherchica
thank you!! You're arguments about islam on TSR have really helped me to be more sure about my decision :smile:
hopefully when I start uni this September and move out. Wish me luch that I'll acc be able to go because my parents might force me to stay at home.

Spoiler

I hope you do! I know some people who were forced to live at home and hated it. Uni is such a good place to grow and learn who you are, I hope you get the opportunity to move out and become your own person ❤️ Don't go too wild though 😉
Original post by cat_mac
@Plantagenet Crown this looks right up your street... :daydreaming:

I really can’t be asked tonight. It would also massively derail the thread :lol:
yes the internet is the only free place for me

That's sad to hear!

Do all non-Muslim really go to hell, or does Allah make any exceptions for the good apples, or do they all get thrown in the basket?
well what Islam regards as sinful are generally perfectly humane and natural things, they aren't things to be ashamed about like sex and sexuality and the female body which is censored at obscene levels.

If sex was so abhorrent it would not be in the Holy Quraan itself. That would also be concealed. Allah would not have mentioned it or shown us via Hadhrat Adam(AS) and Hadhrat Hawa(AS) on how to reproduce as such.

Its been mentioned quite explicitly and nowadays scholars are more open to it than ever.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I really can’t be asked tonight. It would also massively derail the thread :lol:

In other words, you do not have the answer.
Reply 45
How is it possible that one professor can determine whether or not a religion is scientific or not... :confused::confused:
Original post by MiszshorTea786
In other words, do not have the answer. Its okay to say it Planta, no ones going to 'hate' you for it.

Not true, as I’ve discussed the errors on many other threads. Stop trying to derail.
Original post by Jheinexx
You can. You just don’t want to because it isn’t a muslim making this thread.

No, I can’t. I would know what I can be asked to do, not you :wink:

There’s no logic in your statement. A non-Muslim wouldn’t be espousing the so-called scientific miracles of the Quran.
well what Islam regards as sinful are generally perfectly humane and natural things, they aren't things to be ashamed about like sex and sexuality and the female body which is censored at obscene levels.

Things like that are not considered sinful , they are natural and good however it should happen bewteen a wife and a husband. please please watch nasheesha sessions on youtube regarding these topics he explaisn it beautifully
Original post by howitoughttobe
I hope you do! I know some people who were forced to live at home and hated it. Uni is such a good place to grow and learn who you are, I hope you get the opportunity to move out and become your own person ❤️ Don't go too wild though 😉

thank you so much!! :smile:
haha, I have a feeling that I might go a lil crazy, it's just what happens when you can't do all the things that other teens get to do and then when we get the chance we go all out lol
Original post by MiszshorTea786
If sex was so abhorrent it would not be in the Holy Quraan itself. That would also be concealed. Allah would not have mentioned it or shown us via Hadhrat Adam(AS) and Hadhrat Hawa(AS) on how to reproduce as such.

Its been mentioned quite explicitly and nowadays scholars are more open to it than ever.

then tell me why is it a sin to have sex outside of marriage?
why is it a sin to masturbate ?
why is there such a strong emphasis on men not looking at the female body?
why is there such a strong emphasis on the fact that the female body is sexual?

There's a reason why Saudi Arabia has some of the highest rape levels...
In the west a women's arms or legs being exposed doesn't lead a man to have uncontrollable sexual urges and desire, only very conservative Muslim Men have a huge problem with the female body because they've been told by Islam that the female body itself is a sin, and only permissable within marriage so they objectify and degrade non muslim women calling them sluts and whores. They are just sex deprived...

btw this is not a debating thread, I got a bit carried away.. if you wanna debate start a new thread.

no no no no. You have literally got it all wrong. I have pmed you if you want any answers to any questions about Islam, I am hear. I am always here for you no matter what xxx
Original post by No1 PIMP
That's sad to hear!

Do all non-Muslim really go to hell, or does Allah make any exceptions for the good apples, or do they all get thrown in the basket?

well its a widely acceptecd view that you only go to heaven if you're muslim and if you're non muslim you will burn in hellfire for eternity infact ive studied islamic theology partly but froma young age the sickening terrrifying punishments of hell have been described to me, it's like god is a sadist. although people belive this, theres this idea that you never know whose going to hell which creates moral confusion and poor muslims live their lives in utter fear and hopelessness because they have no idea cuz you might even go to hell exposing a strand of your hair or for swearing or for misusing a pen. That is the sickness of Islam :smile:
thank you!! You're arguments about islam on TSR have really helped me to be more sure about my decision :smile:
hopefully when I start uni this September and move out. Wish me luch that I'll acc be able to go because my parents might force me to stay at home.

Spoiler

Good luck with that! Even if they force you to stay at home, don't give up, otherwise they win. Once you graduate you can get a job and save up until you can buy or rent a house. And then you can do what you like without them controlling you :smile:
I really can’t be asked tonight. It would also massively derail the thread
You and her have debated enough the last few weeks the last at lifetime :lol:
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
You and her have debated enough the last few weeks the last at lifetime :lol:

At least it's something active to do on the internet rather than just scrolling through post after post without ever getting involved :lol:
At least it's something active to do on the internet rather than just scrolling through post after post without ever getting involved :lol:

It's funny that she called you out as not having an answer lol, I think everyone here knows you're more than capable of putting up a good argument to just about anything religion related.

I think @MiszshorTea786 is bored and wants another juicy debate 😁
How much is people patronising and trying to educate you on islam, something you are clearly very educated in, making you want to go back?

People act like if you want to leave then you’re in the wrong and you’ve somehow missed something. It sounds like you’ve made an educated decision and I hope you get to a place where you feel comfortable in what you wear, whatever you choose.
lol, my parents knew I was atheist but they didn't care. we always had debates about Islam (the main religion in the household) and they agreed that I did have some valid questions. although they did encourage me to like Islam more, they didn't force me. all in all, they didn't care.
Ex Muslim, forced hijabi
ask me any question you like :smile:

Which denomination were you?
Also, do you worry about any of the potential repercussions if you came out as a non-believer to your family?

Quick Reply

Latest