The Student Room Group

ex-muslim hijabi... unfortunately AMA

Ex Muslim, forced hijabi
ask me any question you like :smile:

Scroll to see replies

why unfortunately?
How comes you left Islam?
Why did you decide to leave Islam?
What was the reaction of your family/friends/community when you decided to leave?
Was there a particular event that finally made you decide to leave? If so what was it?

Sorry for asking so many questions I'm just curious!
Reply 4
Why did you add unfortunately in your title?
Do you feel more liberated now?
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
How comes you left Islam?

well I've done a lot of research into it and concluded that it was not rational and made unscientific claims.
The first time I questioned it though, I asked myself if every non muslim is going to hell, then wil jewish people who died in suffering during the holocaust go to hell too? it was morally unsound and my journey started from there.
Original post by Jackich
Why did you add unfortunately in your title?

because i am forced to wear it
Reply 8
I wager this'll be on trending :u:
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Do you feel more liberated now?

no im still forced to wear it
Congratulations on breaking free! When do you think you’ll be able to remove the hijab permanently?
n Oh ,sorry to hear , i am a proud muslim myself . Obiviusly its not right to be forced to wear the hijab.
However i am very curious on your background ( parents , envirnoment you were raised in )
I'm sorry you had to be born into such a totalitarian religion
How’d you feel when you decided you weren’t going to be a Muslim anymore?
Original post by justanotherchica
no im still forced to wear it

Lol, yet your profile pic is of you not wearing one.
Original post by Hirsty97
I'm sorry you had to be born into such a totalitarian religion

I'm sorry that you're ignorant.
Original post by justanotherchica
well I've done a lot of research into it and concluded that it was not rational and made unscientific claims.
The first time I questioned it though, I asked myself if every non muslim is going to hell, then wil jewish people who died in suffering during the holocaust go to hell too? it was morally unsound and my journey started from there.

Well, can you show me any of those 'unscientific claims as i believe Islam doesn't make any unscientific claims.
you broke ma hart
Original post by howitoughttobe
Why did you decide to leave Islam?
What was the reaction of your family/friends/community when you decided to leave?
Was there a particular event that finally made you decide to leave? If so what was it?

Sorry for asking so many questions I'm just curious!

well I annswered the first question already :smile:
I didn't tell anyone and I have been secretly agnostic/atheist for about 2 years.
I told my family the other day, surprisingly they didnt react violently. but my mum has expressed distate and hatred towards this and is constantly on my case thinking that im going to hell. My sister when she realised I know will completely degrade and hurt me. My family degrade me a lot. Most of my friends don't know... but my old friends when they realised I was becoming religious they told me they didnt want to be friends with me and left me. That hurt a lot.

Yes! there was a particular event. I attended a lecture at Oxford University regarding the enlightenment period and this brilliant professor was talking about how religion lacked any scientific knowledge and that it could not help us understand the world. He was referring to Christianity but it really struck me because I've never heard someone say that before. I wanted to raise my hand and say that Islam was a scientific religion ( I was heavily brainwashed at the time) but then I had an epiphany and thought that if Islam was truly scientific then this extremely intelligent professor and thousands of other intellectuals and scientists would be full of praise for islam... but they're not and that obviously means there is something wrong with that. It was a profound moment for me and for the first time I realised that it might not be the true religion. I start doing more research after that and now I'm an ex-muslim.

Thanks for showing interest :smile:
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Congratulations on breaking free! When do you think you’ll be able to remove the hijab permanently?

thank you!! You're arguments about islam on TSR have really helped me to be more sure about my decision :smile:
hopefully when I start uni this September and move out. Wish me luch that I'll acc be able to go because my parents might force me to stay at home.

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest