The Student Room Group

Have you ever been overlapped in a relationship before?

If so, did it work out for them?

IMO, it is cheating. What do you think? Why do you think it’s done?

Pretty sure my ex did this because of how soon they got together after we broke up. Which is really messed up because he claimed he was cheated on before, with his ex wife. With all the lies who knows what’s true anymore though. He went from telling me he loved me, wanted to marry me and have kids one month, dumping me the next, new girlfriend the next month.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Tff is overlapped
whats overlapped?
Original post by SMEGGGY
Tff is overlapped

This and this.
Reply 4
When they already have someone lined up to date next before they end it with you
Reply 5
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
This and this.

Original post by SMEGGGY
Tff is overlapped

I'm guessing it's when you start a relationship while you're ending another, so they overlap.

Original post by Ko0519

IMO, it is cheating. What do you think? Why do you think it’s done?

If it's not over when you start another, yeah that's cheating in my book. idk why people would do it, probably that they want to know their new SO is theirs first before breaking up their current relationship.
I'd say it shows they are planning to end their relationship with you, soon.
Dunno if it is cheating though, it's in some weird fuzzy-grey area for me.
It's not going to be a nice thing, for sure.
Reply 8
No Never ever done dat
Original post by Tosspot
I'm guessing it's when you start a relationship while you're ending another, so they overlap.

If it's not over when you start another, yeah that's cheating in my book. idk why people would do it, probably that they want to know their new SO is theirs first before breaking up their current relationship.

Ah yes, relationship hopping. Requires a total lack of self respect.
Reply 10
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Ah yes, relationship hopping. Requires a total lack of self respect.

Yes! Exactly! Have you ever seen this work out when someone does this? I don’t really understand why someone does this. My ex went from his divorce to me for nearly 6 months then immediately to someone else

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending