The Student Room Group

Is this bio bad?

Ik it is not the be all and end all but I don't want nothing and could not think of something better. If you don't like Tinder or just use it to bang then please refrain or say so. My failed(?) attempt at a laugh:

If you had just one hour to live,
how much pizza would you have?

🇹🇷 Law student 🇬🇧

🏊 🏸 🏓 🚴 🧀 🍕 🛫

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bump
You have to think about how you want to show yourself. Your bio, along with your profile picture, is the first thing that will be noticed. So, if you feel that your bio expresses who you are as a person, then I’d say it’s good.

If you are not entirely sure it portrays who you are, then I would say work on it. But it’s entirely how you want to show yourself.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
You have to think about how you want to show yourself. Your bio, along with your profile picture, is the first thing that will be noticed. So, if you feel that your bio expresses who you are as a person, then I’d say it’s good.

If you are not entirely sure it portrays who you are, then I would say work on it. But it’s entirely how you want to show yourself.

Hmm, what kind of person do you think it displays me as as far as you can tell from that - I get that you don't have the pics
It’s okay IF you’re good looking 🤷🏻*♀️. Otherwise cut down slightly on emojis and change the question to something more likely to start a conversation.
Reply 5
It’s okay IF you’re good looking 🤷🏻*♀️. Otherwise cut down slightly on emojis and change the question to something more likely to start a conversation.

Anything ia okay if you are good looking tbf though haha,I am not has looking but not the best. Yeah I thought the emojis could be a bit much, no idea what kind of opener to put though
I think I died a little :P
Reply 7
Ik it is not the be all and end all but I don't want nothing and could not think of something better. If you don't like Tinder or just use it to bang then please refrain or say so. My failed(?) attempt at a laugh:

🇹🇷 Law student 🇬🇧

🏊 🏸 🏓 🚴 🧀 🍕 🛫

Definitely wouldn't swipe for you. I hate emojis and generic pizza talk. I think it's a nice idea asking a question though. Only thing I'd say to keep is the 'Law' but obviously without the flags.
Reply 8
Original post by Lord Nutter
I think I died a little :P

Original post by blawan
Definitely wouldn't swipe for you. I hate emojis and generic pizza talk. I think it's a nice idea asking a question though. Only thing I'd say to keep is the 'Law' but obviously without the flags.

Hahahaha, okay, noted!
Reply 9
Hahahaha, okay, noted!

Lol sorry, tbf bios are hard. I normally don't even bother with one which is probably worse. I'll have a look on my matches and see if there are any good ones you can take inspiration from.
Original post by blawan
Lol sorry, tbf bios are hard. I normally don't even bother with one which is probably worse. I'll have a look on my matches and see if there are any good ones you can take inspiration from.

Not at all, would rather know than not! Just changed the flags bit to Antalya/Norwich/Nottingham, got rid of most of the emojis and it just says Law student at the top until I find a decent question

Cheers though
exceedingly lame, sorry

🇹🇷 Law student 🇬🇧

🏊 🏸 🏓 🚴 🧀 🍕 🛫

It is really bad. It shows you tried but it still came off badly. If you put the effort in it has to deliver. That will not and it makes it look like you tried hard. I'm sorry to be brutally honest but it is good to have sonething original and witty. That looks like an attempt of wit but is sounds so unoriginal. Also lose the emojis they just look childish and stupid. No one wants to date a child
Reply 13
Not at all, would rather know than not! Just changed the flags bit to Antalya/Norwich/Nottingham, got rid of most of the emojis and it just says Law student at the top until I find a decent question

Cheers though

That's probably all you need. I had a look and most of the people I match either have no bios or very minimal bios like that.
Looking back, the pizza thing probably isn't that bad, I'm just overly critical.

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)

🇹🇷 Law student 🇬🇧

🏊 🏸 🏓 🚴 🧀 🍕 🛫

merhaba!! TSR'da kendimden hariç gördüğüm ilk türksünüz hehe 😊😊
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ecemyasar
merhaba!! TSR'da kendimden hariç gördüğüm ilk türksünüz hehe 😊😊

Haha yeah, not many Turks. Although there might be, people don't generally say where they are from/partially from in their posts.

exceedingly lame, sorry

Original post by Anon7654
It is really bad. It shows you tried but it still came off badly. If you put the effort in it has to deliver. That will not and it makes it look like you tried hard. I'm sorry to be brutally honest but it is good to have sonething original and witty. That looks like an attempt of wit but is sounds so unoriginal. Also lose the emojis they just look childish and stupid. No one wants to date a child

Allll right, I get the picture :P I haven't seen it anywhere but I wasn't 100% happy with it to begin with, hence the post.
All emojis? I kept swimming, football, badminton just to show some interests w/o rambling but if it's best to have none then..
Original post by blawan
That's probably all you need. I had a look and most of the people I match either have no bios or very minimal bios like that.
Looking back, the pizza thing probably isn't that bad, I'm just overly critical.

Spoiler

Fair enough, I'll see how it goes as it is. Girls have no bios 90% of the time and when they do most are no more than a couple of words, but I guess it is a bit different haha
Do most guys have bios? I mean its hard to compare having only seen girls' but if most guys don't have bios or have very little then I guess it is fine. For instance I have never seen a girl with a question opener
Haha yeah, not many Turks. Although there might be, people don't generally say where they are from/partially from in their posts.

Allll right, I get the picture :P I haven't seen it anywhere but I wasn't 100% happy with it to begin with, hence the post.
All emojis? I kept swimming, football, badminton just to show some interests w/o rambling but if it's best to have none then..

To be fair the sports ones are fine. They actually represent stuff so I think that's ok just get rif of silly ones. I personally haven't seen that bio before but anything along those lines and about pizza isn't going to be original. It's relatable yes but not really funny and it shows you tried hard with it so it kind of just comes of cringey if you get what I mean. However, that is just my views. Everyone is different. You may find someone who likes it and decides to swipe right and they could be the right person for you if they like YOUR bio
To be fair the sports ones are fine. They actually represent stuff so I think that's ok just get rif of silly ones. I personally haven't seen that bio before but anything along those lines and about pizza isn't going to be original. It's relatable yes but not really funny and it shows you tried hard with it so it kind of just comes of cringey if you get what I mean. However, that is just my views. Everyone is different. You may find someone who likes it and decides to swipe right and they could be the right person for you if they like YOUR bio

By the way putting "your" in caps wasn't meant to be sarcastic about it being unoriginal but the fact that it is yours not mine so it represents yourself so if someone likes the bio they will more likely like you
By the way putting "your" in caps wasn't meant to be sarcastic about it being unoriginal but the fact that it is yours not mine so it represents yourself so if someone likes the bio they will more likely like you

No I agree that it is cringey, just aimed for a cheap laugh but obviously it resulted in a laugh at me instead haha
Well rid of it, ty

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending