The Student Room Group

University courses

What university courses should I choose if I want to be a paramedic? I know that paramedic science is what I should be doing but I have been told that many universities don’t offer that. But they offer similar courses that could get me into the emergency services. Also I would like to go to quite a prestigious university if they have the right course for me. Please help.
To be a paramedic you dont have togo to university. You can just go into it in a similar fashion to an apprenticeship. Although maybe a human biology course? Or maybe anatomy? Always a good option!
Thanks but I am sure that I want to go to university. I will have a look at those courses
If you wish to become a paramedic, why do you not plan to study Paramedic Science...?

The other degrees in question do not, in any capacity, prepare you for clinical work - they are, ostensibly, training programmes to create research scientists. The only clinical programmes of relevance are either Paramedic Science courses, or clinical programmes which train you for other clinical roles.

SGUL has a Paramedic Science course and is reasonably well regarded for example; a poor consideration by prospective medical students (who are of course have notoriously high personal standards, on the whole) is still more than many other universities can hope to aspire to, much less achieve...

Either you want to become a paramedic, or you do not. If the former, you want to be doing a paramedic science course or relevant apprenticeship. If you don't want to do these things, you don't want to become a paramedic. There isn't a great deal more to it than that...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending