The Student Room Group

How do I memorise pages of information?

Scroll to see replies

Read my one of my posts earlier in the thread about the scribble technique, I completely agree that understanding is better, but only if you have time e.g. 2 months but a short term solution is required so memorising is better in this case.
Original post by thatboylemon
Read my one of my posts earlier in the thread about the scribble technique, I completely agree that understanding is better, but only if you have time e.g. 2 months but a short term solution is required so memorising is better in this case.

That could work too, it's similar to what I said except jn written form.
As for my mentioning before bed-time and then in the morning, can't remember the actuality behind it so don't quote me on it, brain transfers things from short term memory to long term memory during sleep. Also to jolt the memory and keep the knowledge at the forefront and accessible for use when needed, constant repitition is needed. Which is where your technique will work too.
Before bed and first thing is when I revised, never in the day time
Before bed and first thing is when I revised, never in the day time

So it's worked for 2 of us then
What did you get in your GCSEs
What did you get in your GCSEs

I'll sound like a typical TSRian. I'm pleased with the results ngl. Yourself?
I’m new to TSR 😂 what is a typical TSRian

I got 11A*s and 2 As (As were in RE and Music)
I’m new to TSR 😂 what is a typical TSRian

I got 11A*s and 2 As (As were in RE and Music)

That is typical of a TSRian, really high grades etc. I didn't get as many A*s as you, I had about 9 of them (long tine ago cba to count it to verify). I also had As and Bs and Cs to the mixture.
Oh igy I got high grades but I hardly study 😂 haveou done A Levels yet?
Oh igy I got high grades but I hardly study 😂 haveou done A Levels yet?

I'm always very vague and like not to make my stuff public. I studied unlike you :tongue: Joke, means with studying you can achieve more. A-levels is different to GCSEs, in that this memorisation technique won't cut it, though I suppose there'll be some it works for
I pay the most attention in class, I try to understand them there so when I do the odd bit of revision it’s just memorisation
From a page of notes, highlight the important points and key words- write these out on another page- repeat the proccess of highlighting and writing- eventually you will find that the important points will be some trigger words and diagrams which remind you of all the content that you need to know. Also, past papers are essential- I consider them to be the saints of passing exams as they really get you into the field of writing an academic register and remembering content.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending