The Student Room Group

Urgent help needed

So I have a deadline next week and need to print out everything but my printer at home is rubbish, it doesn't print double sided and colour printing is bad quality. I always print at uni and I was planning of going tomorrow but I can't now because of the snowstorm. I'm hoping the snowstorm is over by Monday or wednesday by the latest so I can go to uni and print but what if it doesn't? This is the worst snowstorm I've ever seen, it's lasted all day and is still going. It doesn't look like it will be gone before my deadline then how willI be able to print the work off for hand in?
(edited 6 years ago)
Why can't you make it? Is it closed or is transport closed or what?
Reply 2
Original post by monkeyman0121
Why can't you make it? Is it closed or is transport closed or what?

It's not safe to travel, we've been given a severe weather warning and shouldn't travel unless it's safe or we know for a fact that we can get back home. As I commute to uni by bus it's worse. there is no guarantee I will get home. The buses may have stopped service by the time I need to head home
Original post by s817
It's not safe to travel, we've been given a severe weather warning and shouldn't travel unless it's safe or we know for a fact that we can get back home. As I commute to uni by bus it's worse. there is no guarantee I will get home. The buses may have stopped service by the time I need to head home

How far away is it and how bad is the snow or whatever? The UK is very bad for warnings, people buy out stuff just because the next day it is supposed to rain heavily.
Handing in a badly printed copy is better than handing in no copy. If it's unsafe for you to travel to uni, email the lecturer and explain, along with a copy of the assignment to prove that you've done. They might be able to print it for you.
Reply 5
Original post by esralled
Handing in a badly printed copy is better than handing in no copy. If it's unsafe for you to travel to uni, email the lecturer and explain, along with a copy of the assignment to prove that you've done. They might be able to print it for you.

Original post by monkeyman0121
How far away is it and how bad is the snow or whatever? The UK is very bad for warnings, people buy out stuff just because the next day it is supposed to rain heavily.

It is really severe, been snowing all week, yesterday was really bad with a snowstorm all day and today it will get worse with ice but according to the weather forecast they said heavy rain will follow on the weekend with flood warnings. That should be the last of the snow for now. I just hope it isn't too bad and it'll be safe to travel to Uni on Monday.
Reply 6
Original post by esralled

I don't think lecturers will print for me. From the weather forecast it looks like the weather will be ok next week so I should be able to safely travel to uni on monday
if you can afford it, you can send it to a print shop. they'll print and bind it for you and can post it to you or you collect it on your way to hand it in.
like someone else mentioned you can just hand in a badly printed one so it's in and then get a better printed one to hand in late. you shouldn't get penalised because you've already handed a copy in.

Maybe you should consider buying a new printer.
Original post by s817
I don't think lecturers will print for me. From the weather forecast it looks like the weather will be ok next week so I should be able to safely travel to uni on monday

esralled advice is good. A poor copy is better than no copy.
Contact the uni and explain. There may be allowances for the snow.
Agree to send them an electronic copy, so they have a time verified version.
Contact the printing services and ask d they can print you a copy if yu send it by e-mail.

Contact a friend who can get t uni (preferably not on the same course) and ask them to print it out for you and drop it off at the department.

Common sense , but contact them now, so they know you did everything reasonably possible and you cna prove it was completed on time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending