The Student Room Group

I have an essay due in 24 hours and writer's block???

I have done a lot of reading, feel like I know a lot.... about 45 sources for a 2500 word essay.

It's a third-year essay, so very important. I just have really intense writer's block right now. And it's due tomorrow evening.

What can I do? Been trying since MONDAY to write!
Original post by RosieAppleLemon
I have done a lot of reading, feel like I know a lot.... about 45 sources for a 2500 word essay.

It's a third-year essay, so very important. I just have really intense writer's block right now. And it's due tomorrow evening.

Too many sources imo.

Plan it and then go for it.

200 word intro

5x 400 word sections

300 word conclusion

Essay plan for each section. A basic or unspectacular essay is better than no essay. make choices now. Just pick an area you know the argument for and write the section.
just wrote anything at all. Don't try to perfect it, a quick plan and then write. You'll soon find that words will start to flow. You can go through it again to brush it up if there's time.
******** to just get the words down and then improve it from there.
I am just so annoyed because I really researched this and took a good week doing so... and I have really awful mind block. I hope I get my first in this but seeing as I have so little time....

Original post by 04MR17
******** to just get the words down and then improve it from there.
It's going to be a red bull and coffee kind of night. You can do it! Just start writing random words down and then once your mind clears and you start to get into a flow then start organising your research into an essay. I hope this helps at least a little bit. You can do it!
I am just so annoyed because I really researched this and took a good week doing so... and I have really awful mind block. I hope I get my first in this but seeing as I have so little time....
I know it's frustrating, but a lot of it can be related to stress with a deadline. Stress stops your mind from functioning properly. If you BS your way to 1800 words the stress goes because at the end of the day you're still going to submit SOMETHING even if it's not your best. It's then about improve improve improve.
Take a deep breath
Have a quick shower then note key points and shape them into a structured plan.

Off you go.
Reply 8
I usually try to handwrite a paragraph or two on plain paper before actually getting on the laptop. Feels much easier to focus and just write down whatever I'm thinking, as if I'm in an exam and writing an essay from scratch. I find it quite difficult to write straight onto Word because you usually don't want to type any of your initial thoughts/drafts unless it sounds perfect, whereas it's much easier to let your thoughts flow freely when you handwrite. I hope that helps :smile:
Reply 9
Meanwhile I'm forced to write regular stuff. Like I don't have my own opinion at all. It's disgusting, that's why sometimes I just buy school work and other stuff like that from the special service. ""Oh, Dennis, I knew you can do much better than you did!"". Yeah, Ms. Atcinson, I can. LOL. Just don't understand, why don't they accept striving for the new. Or maybe it's just I don't write essays too good. I don't really know.

You are missing the main thing! An argument! Once you have that you will write freely!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending