:biggrin:

What do you think?

Scroll to see replies

seemss a bit silly when down here on earth we are nearing 5G
I mean... sure why not.
Reply 3
Original post by HendoAndo
I mean... sure why not.

It's sort of like: "We have a load of money, what should we do? Feed the hungry?" "No, lets put a 4G camera that sends signals to the Earth on the moon."
Original post by IDOZ
It's sort of like: "We have a load of money, what should we do? Feed the hungry?" "No, lets put a 4G camera that sends signals to the Earth on the moon."

4G is way more important anyway :wink:
Reply 5
Original post by HendoAndo
4G is way more important anyway :wink:

But on the moon??
To be fair, by putting it on the moon, the signal could reach areas that don't have it, and could cost either the same or less than putting routers in the areas that are missing it
Reply 6
I barely get 2G at my school, a bit of a joke
Original post by IDOZ
But on the moon??
To be fair, by putting it on the moon, the signal could reach areas that don't have it, and could cost either the same or less than putting routers in the areas that are missing it

I think they're only using it for space images etc. I find space pretty cool and it is funded by independent companies, so it's not like it's government money they're spending. It would be a good idea to use it for 4G-less areas, but oh well.
Reply 8
Original post by Zxyn
I barely get 2G at my school, a bit of a joke

I get 3G most places at school, but in certain places, I can get 4G, but then the school does have WiFi
Original post by Realitysreflexx
seemss a bit silly when down here on earth we are nearing 5G

I take it you saw the recent KCL news article concerning 5G, as well?

https://www.kcl.ac.uk/nms/depts/informatics/News/newsrecords/King's-academics-carry-out-first-test-of-live-pre-standard-5G.aspx
Reply 10

I have seen the thoughts to put 5G out in the world at the CES in January

I read business news, i heard about 5g coming about 2 years ago, also applying to uni, i looked at applying to surrey and read about their 5g innovation centre
Because obviously the moon is the first place we need an improved phone signal.
Good, I'll need fast internet when I land.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 14
How... odd.
Original post by Napp
How... odd.

Not really Napp. There is so much pressure on the big bang theory and planetary system theory that the BBC does this from time to time to keep up the appearance.

They want to keep the attention on space, as being something which is supposed to be real. So they come up with ludicrous scenarios to try and get people to relate to it as a place where people can actually go and have worldly comforts. Next it will be cars in space or something along those lines.

Where they shoot themselves in the foot, is by their overkeeness to draw people's attention back to space, they come up with things that make people think, wtf......why? So people then begin to think sensibly and consider whether they are being taken for a ride with all this space stuff after all. They do more damage to their own deception by doing these things, which is pretty amusing to watch isn't it Napp?
Original post by IDOZ

One day it will feed the hungry. Astronauts will be able to order from Just Eat using the 4G.
Original post by Drummond
Not really Napp. There is so much pressure on the big bang theory and planetary system theory that the BBC does this from time to time to keep up the appearance

You do know the BBC are just reporting what someone else is doing / attempting to do, don't you?
That it's not the BBC themselves who are planning on doing it?

You have actually, you know, read the article?

In the same way that they reported on the guy who was going to use a rocket to prove flat earth theory.

It's... It's almost as if you didn't even bother reading it and just used any old thread related to space to push out your own belief system and berate people. It's almost as if you don't want to debate...

It's almost like you're trolling....

:troll:
I mean it is for the space station to send data back, so I can kinda see the point in it.

Original post by Drummond
Not really Napp. There is so much pressure on the big bang theory and planetary system theory that the BBC does this from time to time to keep up the appearance.

They want to keep the attention on space, as being something which is supposed to be real. So they come up with ludicrous scenarios to try and get people to relate to it as a place where people can actually go and have worldly comforts. Next it will be cars in space or something along those lines.

Where they shoot themselves in the foot, is by their overkeeness to draw people's attention back to space, they come up with things that make people think, wtf......why? So people then begin to think sensibly and consider whether they are being taken for a ride with all this space stuff after all. They do more damage to their own deception by doing these things, which is pretty amusing to watch isn't it Napp?

How long can it be before we get PPI calls from the moon?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending