The Student Room Group

March too late???

IS it too late too get straights 8's and 9's being an 'average grade' student if u start in march... 1 and a half months left??

Scroll to see replies

Way too late... should've stated in Jan/ Feb especially if you are an 'average' student, which my interpretation of is getting 5/6's.
Maybe, but I was average and got a couple of '8's, mostly 7s. Also started late march
no its not too late wtf. this is around when i started for A levels and I got A*AA
Not too late. Depends how well you work and how smart you are. I did GCSEs in 2016 and got 9a*s, and a lot of my revision I did on the day of the exam by waking up at 5 am. If you want to get work done in the next few months I would recommend: deactivating social media until exams are over, not wasting your time on eg TV or games, and to work smart, not hard.
Make sure your revision is active; passive revision is terrible. By this I mean it is much better to take notes from the textbook than to read the textbook.
Original post by Anonymous_ygm
IS it too late too get straights 8's and 9's being an 'average grade' student if u start in march... 1 and a half months left??

It depends, but it's not too late if you revise consistently and effectively. But not too much, your mental health is important.

Even Robocop took a day off.
Original post by s.m30
Way too late... should've stated in Jan/ Feb especially if you are an 'average' student, which my interpretation of is getting 5/6's.

So no chance???
So no chance???

There's a chance if you work, work, work.

Spoiler

Original post by s.m30

I'm not average like that... average like i will get a 9 one exam, then a 4 then next and when its averaged its comes out to be a 5/6...If ugm.
I'm not average like that... average like i will get a 9 one exam, then a 4 then next and when its averaged its comes out to be a 5/6...If ugm.

ahh ok.
we do uni revision in one month literally.... and its alot more, no its definitely not too late, you just need to organize, what u dont know, what u can still grasp, and accept what u just dont and get a little bit good at everything and really good at your fav subjects..

even though that just sounded all over the place...

kids i will say this, if revision isnt affecting your mental state your not doing it right tbf.
not too late! i started in april and got three 9s, five A*s, and two As. just don’t stress and make sure you dedicate yourself to it! don’t do anything half-arsed anymore!
Original post by ZombieTheWolf
Maybe, but I was average and got a couple of '8's, mostly 7s. Also started late march

Thats amazing... What were ur main revision techniques and the most effective???
Original post by manlike99
no its not too late wtf. this is around when i started for A levels and I got A*AA

Were u like naturally clever or something...coz thats is awsome
Reply 14
No it's not too late as long as you put in the hours from now on. Work out a schedule, diary etc. Get those index cards done etc and get revising asap. Make it your priority to revise, so put EVERYTHING ELSE on hold.

Girl..I satrted in december!!! Hollar hollar!!! I do 6-8 hours on weekends and 2-3 on week days!!! I go to revision classes!!!
Original post by s.m30

Spoiler

Not too much though.

Spoiler

Original post by HettiBetti
Girl..I satrted in december!!! Hollar hollar!!! I do 6-8 hours on weekends and 2-3 on week days!!! I go to revision classes!!!

wtf thats maadddd...What r u predicted???
Original post by s.m30

Spoiler

No, just no. You don't need to work "day and night".

People on here need to calm down about revising for GCSEs. You're not locked to a certain grade because you only started x months before the exams. I got all A*s and started in March(ish).
Definitely not, keep your head high. I barely revised and I was predicted a 5 for English last year and I got a 9 in my GCSEs. I was in the same predicament and I am now in A levels, you got this! I believe in you!

Quick Reply

Latest