The Student Room Group

Inn Scholarship Interviews 2018

Hello,

Couldn't find a thread for this.

Has anyone had theirs yet?

More importantly, has anyone had to cancel/rearrange theirs due to the snow?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've got mine this Saturday with Inner. Travelling down today and staying overnight so there's no worry about being late 😊
Reply 2
That's a good plan.

I might do the same. Unfortunately my village is completely snowed in. I'm considering walking the 10 miles to the train station (the roads are closed and no public transport running), then hoping some of the trains will be running.
Reply 3
Original post by PatchMagic
That's a good plan.

I might do the same. Unfortunately my village is completely snowed in. I'm considering walking the 10 miles to the train station (the roads are closed and no public transport running), then hoping some of the trains will be running.

Have you received an email about the snow? I've had about two asking me to let them know if I might be late/miss the interview and to provide proof that trains have been cancelled etc.
Reply 4
Original post by Pupcake
Have you received an email about the snow? I've had about two asking me to let them know if I might be late/miss the interview and to provide proof that trains have been cancelled etc.

No I haven't received anything but was hopeful they would contact as I'd like to know the options available if I absolutely cannot make it. I can't be the only one travelling from a remote location.

It's good that yours seem to be on top of things. Are you having to cancel/rearrange your interview then?
Reply 5
No I haven't received anything but was hopeful they would contact as I'd like to know the options available if I absolutely cannot make it. I can't be the only one travelling from a remote location.

It's good that yours seem to be on top of things. Are you having to cancel/rearrange your interview then?

No. I think I should be okay. Which Inn are you applying to? You could give them a ring?
Reply 6
Sorry for some reason I read your username as something different in the second post. You've already said you'll be travelling down today in order to make it on time, forgive me :s-smilie:

I'll blame the snow for messing with my mind :colondollar:
Reply 7
Original post by Pupcake
No. I think I should be okay. Which Inn are you applying to? You could give them a ring?

The interview is with Lincoln's Inn. I'll give them a call just to check if there are any provisions in place. I've a feeling I'll be donning my snow gear and beginning my trek to the station soon though!

Good luck for tomorrow.
Reply 8
The interview is with Lincoln's Inn. I'll give them a call just to check if there are any provisions in place. I've a feeling I'll be donning my snow gear and beginning my trek to the station soon though!

Good luck for tomorrow.

Good luck to you too!
Has anyone had their interview with Lincoln's Inn yet and can provide any advice?
Reply 10
Original post by sophieamber
Has anyone had their interview with Lincoln's Inn yet and can provide any advice?

Hey, when is your interview? Mine has been rearranged due to the snow so can’t tell you much unfortunately.

It’s 20 mins long with 3 barristers. You’ll be handed a sheet with something to consider before going in then will be asked to speak about it.

Other than that, I guess they follow the questions provided within the attachment they email out.

Not sure when results are released.

That’s all I know, hope it’s helpful in some way.
Hey, when is your interview? Mine has been rearranged due to the snow so can’t tell you much unfortunately.

It’s 20 mins long with 3 barristers. You’ll be handed a sheet with something to consider before going in then will be asked to speak about it.

Other than that, I guess they follow the questions provided within the attachment they email out.

Not sure when results are released.

That’s all I know, hope it’s helpful in some way.

Thank you for your help. Mine is 15th, you?

Yeah do you know anymore about the thing that we get handed before the interview? As on the attachment it said that we would be required to talk about a legal issue/area of law we have an interest in. Just wasn’t sure what to prep for that area of law.
Reply 12
Thank you for your help. Mine is 15th, you?

Yeah do you know anymore about the thing that we get handed before the interview? As on the attachment it said that we would be required to talk about a legal issue/area of law we have an interest in. Just wasn’t sure what to prep for that area of law.

No worries :smile:

I don’t know anything more about what we’ll be handed, unfortunately. There seems to be two questions that are similar: 1. an area of law we’re interested in and 2. a current issue/topic. I wonder if the paper will detail a current topic maybe? Or provide a list of current issues to choose from?

I’m sure it’ll be fine. They’re not there to catch us out so hopefully it’ll be something that each and every one of us will be able to share our views on.

Mine is on Monday. I already can’t wait for it to be over :smile:
No worries :smile:

I don’t know anything more about what we’ll be handed, unfortunately. There seems to be two questions that are similar: 1. an area of law we’re interested in and 2. a current issue/topic. I wonder if the paper will detail a current topic maybe? Or provide a list of current issues to choose from?

I’m sure it’ll be fine. They’re not there to catch us out so hopefully it’ll be something that each and every one of us will be able to share our views on.

Mine is on Monday. I already can’t wait for it to be over :smile:

Yes possibly!

Yeah I cannot wait for it to be over too! Good luck for you on Monday :smile:
Reply 14
Yes possibly!

Yeah I cannot wait for it to be over too! Good luck for you on Monday :smile:

Thank you. Good luck to you too.

Do you know if we’re informed of the outcome via email as well as post?
Thank you. Good luck to you too.

Do you know if we’re informed of the outcome via email as well as post?

Apologies for my slow reply. I am not entirely sure. How did yours go yesterday?
Reply 16
Apologies for my slow reply. I am not entirely sure. How did yours go yesterday?

Hey, I’m glad it’s over that’s for sure.

It was terrifying. They didn’t stick to the questions provided to us beforehand and really quizzed me on each answer I gave.

It was shorter than expected but it seemed like everyone I spoke to had been in there for less than 10 mins so maybe there were scheduling problems that day.

I’m afraid I can’t offer much advice. Just take your time and good luck :smile:
Hey, I’m glad it’s over that’s for sure.

It was terrifying. They didn’t stick to the questions provided to us beforehand and really quizzed me on each answer I gave.

It was shorter than expected but it seemed like everyone I spoke to had been in there for less than 10 mins so maybe there were scheduling problems that day.

I’m afraid I can’t offer much advice. Just take your time and good luck :smile:

Oh wow, that's definitely annoying that they didn't stick to the questions!

I'm sure you did well though. How do you think it went?

Thank you very much :smile:

Don't suppose you got asked the legal topic question then? Or any current affairs?
Reply 18
I don’t think it went well unfortunately. But then everyone I spoke to felt the same so hopefully we’re not all right :smile:

I was asked about current issues but it related to my dissertation topic, as some aspects of my thesis have been heavily focused upon in the news recently.

Hope yours goes well. If they let you know when we can expect to hear from them please do share :smile:
I don’t think it went well unfortunately. But then everyone I spoke to felt the same so hopefully we’re not all right :smile:

I was asked about current issues but it related to my dissertation topic, as some aspects of my thesis have been heavily focused upon in the news recently.

Hope yours goes well. If they let you know when we can expect to hear from them please do share :smile:

Yes im sure it went better than you think, swear interviews never seem to go well!

Unfortunately they didn’t let me know when we would expect to hear nor did they give me the opportunity to ask. I would imagine it will be within the next few weeks though, before the end of March I hope!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending