The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Bcu accomodation 2018/19

What accommodation is everyone thinking of applying to for 2018/19. I've been looking at Staniforth House and Jennens Court.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think I’m putting down University Locks and Jennens Court :smile:
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by JessRich
I think I’m putting down University Locks and Jennens Court :smile:

Hiya! What course are you studying? I really wanted to go to University Locks until I realised that the contract terminates in June ☹️
Reply 3
Original post by abifa1
Hiya! What course are you studying? I really wanted to go to University Locks until I realised that the contract terminates in June ☹️

I’ll be studying Psychology with sociology, what about you? And oh I didn’t know that, do you know what that means for students who applied for 2018/2019 entry?
Reply 4
I’ll be studying Psychology with sociology, what about you? And oh I didn’t know that, do you know what that means for students who applied for 2018/2019 entry?

I’ll be studying radiotherapy. It basically means that if we apply for University Locks we have to be out of the room by the 15th of June. Which is a bit of a pain because most courses don’t end until July. If you follow this link http://www.bcu.ac.uk/student-info/accommodation/faqs and go to Q7 and click on residence fees it basically explains the dates/prices for all the accommodation
Reply 5
Original post by abifa1
I’ll be studying radiotherapy. It basically means that if we apply for University Locks we have to be out of the room by the 15th of June. Which is a bit of a pain because most courses don’t end until July. If you follow this link http://www.bcu.ac.uk/student-info/accommodation/faqs and go to Q7 and click on residence fees it basically explains the dates/prices for all the accommodation

Ok, thank you, have you confirmed BCU as firm choice? :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by abifa1
What accommodation is everyone thinking of applying to for 2018/19. I've been looking at Staniforth House and Jennens Court.

Hi, I’m studying nursing, and to get the longer let, I think the best one for health students is Belgrave View. It’s a bit annoying because where we need longer in the summer we have to get a 51 week let to cover us... but I wont be there all that time e.g coming home at christmas and easter☹️
Uni locks is a 40 week contract, would that be enough to cover my course, I’m doing illustration :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by electramoon
Uni locks is a 40 week contract, would that be enough to cover my course, I’m doing illustration :smile:

I think it’s best to contact BCU to find out the exact dates for your course. But I think illustration should be fine with Uni Locks as long as there isn’t placement over the summer 🤗
Reply 9
Original post by reannmull
Hi, I’m studying nursing, and to get the longer let, I think the best one for health students is Belgrave View. It’s a bit annoying because where we need longer in the summer we have to get a 51 week let to cover us... but I wont be there all that time e.g coming home at christmas and easter☹️

Yeah Belgrave View is really the best option, I went to see it at the open day and really didnt like it and the only other accommodations are near the city campus😕. Do you know what accommodation you’re going to pick?
Reply 10
Ok, thank you, have you confirmed BCU as firm choice? :smile:

Not yet! I’m not sure what to put as my insurance. Have you?
I looked it up and it’s a minimum of 40 weeks, It says “if the first year of your course exceeds 40 weeks we can extend your contract accordingly” so you still may able to apply for University Locks.
Original post by abifa1
Not yet! I’m not sure what to put as my insurance. Have you?

Yes, I have, I got an unconditional for BCU but put Manchester Met as my insurance not that it really matters. Where else have you applied?
Reply 13
Oh wow really!! Well done. Portsmouth, Liverpool, Sheffield Hallam and Hertfordshire. My insurance is either going to be Portsmouth or Hertfordshire
Reply 14
I looked it up and it’s a minimum of 40 weeks, It says “if the first year of your course exceeds 40 weeks we can extend your contract accordingly” so you still may able to apply for University Locks.

Oh really? Could you send me the link for that please
Hi people! I have unconditional offer from BCU and want to accept it. Maybe somebody could provide me with some information? I'm not from UK, so its really hard for me to find the answers that I am looking for...
Original post by abifa1
Oh really? Could you send me the link for that please

It’s Q12 on the link you sent me of FAQ’s on the BCU website :smile:
Original post by Matasvad
Hi people! I have unconditional offer from BCU and want to accept it. Maybe somebody could provide me with some information? I'm not from UK, so its really hard for me to find the answers that I am looking for...

Congrats on your offer, what information are you looking for? I might not have the answers but I might be able to provide a link that will help.
Thankyou :smile: and I don’t know anything about Portsmouth or Hertfordshire sorry but I’ll hopefully see you in September at BCU!
Original post by abifa1
Oh wow really!! Well done. Portsmouth, Liverpool, Sheffield Hallam and Hertfordshire. My insurance is either going to be Portsmouth or Hertfordshire
I’ve also been looking at staniforth house and jennens court. Apparently university locks has become stricter and not allowing visitors in a lot?? Accomodation opens tomorow and I still haven’t made up my mind where to go.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending