The Student Room Group

Bioscience and Biomedical science

Hello,

Can one please explain the difference between these two undergraduate degrees?

What are the job opportunities for each?

Please help

Thanks
Original post by Areejstudent
Hello,

Can one please explain the difference between these two undergraduate degrees?

What are the job opportunities for each?

Please help

Thanks

Probably very similar with some differences. Sit down and compare courses carefully. Jobs will be pretty similar.
Original post by alleycat393
Probably very similar with some differences. Sit down and compare courses carefully. Jobs will be pretty similar.

I was actually worried that bioscience wont offer many jobs.Can you advise which is a better option for a biomedical scientist and entry into medicine
As reading for bioscience I wasn't convinced of the career prospectus and thought this might be a risky course.
I was actually worried that bioscience wont offer many jobs.Can you advise which is a better option for a biomedical scientist and entry into medicine
As reading for bioscience I wasn't convinced of the career prospectus and thought this might be a risky course.

To work as a biomed scientist in the NHS you would be better off doing an HCPC accrediated healthcare science course. For grad entry medicine it makes no difference.
To work as a biomed scientist in the NHS you would be better off doing an HCPC accrediated healthcare science course. For grad entry medicine it makes no difference.

Thanks
Thanks

By the way, What are other jobs can a graduate in bioscience get?
I mean if not accredited.
By the way, What are other jobs can a graduate in bioscience get?
I mean if not accredited.

Anything that uses your transferable skills.
Anything that uses your transferable skills.

Thanks,So you recommend a placement year then in order to increase chances of employment
Thanks,So you recommend a placement year then in order to increase chances of employment

Definitely! You will gain a load of skills and experience, develop your network and work out whether the field is for you or not.
Definitely! You will gain a load of skills and experience, develop your network and work out whether the field is for you or not.

Thank you soo much.Great help,
I was very confused and worried.
Have a great day

Also is the University of bedforshire better or London south bank?
I went to UNISTATS and it says both courses are not accredited but befordshire says on its website that it is infact by IBMS accredited
Help
Also is the University of bedforshire better or London south bank?
I went to UNISTATS and it says both courses are not accredited but befordshire says on its website that it is infact by IBMS accredited
Help

The uni website is far more reliable than unistats. There is no better per se. Go for the more interesting course.
The uni website is far more reliable than unistats. There is no better per se. Go for the more interesting course.

Thanks ,ur right

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending