The Student Room Group

Need to break up but how

So I’m scared but I need to break up with my boyfriend every since I’ve been with him he’s constantly putting me down saying I’m lazy and not good enough, skinny enough or smart enough. For a year I’ve been constantly down and depressed and I’ve just about had it

He’s coming over in about 30 so I need advice on what to say
I am scared of what he will do after tho as he said he would get people to beat my family up and myself
I want to break up with you because I don’t think it’s working out from my side.
Reply 2
Just do it...he sounds like a negative D*** tbh. Just message him like "I want to break up with you because you are really bringing me down and this isn't healthy for me" and then ignore the 57 texts he replies trying to say he'll change or he loves you etc. Do what is best for you okay! Don't stay somewhere you don't wanna be, don't be brought down by something you can change <3
Just text him when he’s gone that it’s not working well between you both and we should stop seeing each other but can still be friends
"I don't appreciate how negatively you speak to me, and I don't feel that you are supportive. I need someone who will support me and be there for me, so if you can't do that, I think we should break up."

He may say he will try to change and if he does you will need to decide whether to give him that chance.

Some people don't realise what idiots they're being until they're given an ultimatum, and some do manage to change. But I would say that's in the minority, and you deserve to move on and find someone who treats you right.
Original post by Anonymous
So I’m scared but I need to break up with my boyfriend every since I’ve been with him he’s constantly putting me down saying I’m lazy and not good enough, skinny enough or smart enough. For a year I’ve been constantly down and depressed and I’ve just about had it

He’s coming over in about 30 so I need advice on what to say
I am scared of what he will do after tho as he said he would get people to beat my family up and myself

Tell him you're sorry for mistaking him as someone who isn't a complete ******* and you're jealous of the person you were before you met him therefore you wish to remove him from your life.
Reply 6
Please speak the truth of how you feel and never talk to him again. From a random 18-year-old who is worried about your situation, you need to cut him out of your life. When he comes over tell him that you are done with him and never see him again. Whatever he says please dont listen to a word of it. stand your ground you don't deserve this bs.Whenever he speaks just repeat in your head how happy and peaceful your life be would be without him. After today cut him out never see him again get rid of all of your contacts with him tell people you trust about his threats and move on. Live a good life without him from now on I'm rooting for you!
Original post by fifi.a
Please speak the truth of how you feel and never talk to him again. From a random 18-year-old who is worried about your situation, you need to cut him out of your life. When he comes over tell him that you are done with him and never see him again. Whatever he says please dont listen to a word of it. stand your ground you don't deserve this bs.Whenever he speaks just repeat in your head how happy and peaceful your life be would be without him. After today cut him out never see him again get rid of all of your contacts with him tell people you trust about his threats and move on. Live a good life without him from now on I'm rooting for you!

Thank you so much I’ll let everyone know how it goes, however I know he wouldn’t care if I broke up with him which would leave me broken but I’m worried what he will do after
Reply 8
Original post by Foreverconfu
Thank you so much I’ll let everyone know how it goes, however I know he wouldn’t care if I broke up with him which would leave me broken but I’m worried what he will do after

Yeahh I get it at the end of the day you were still in a relationship so i would be surprised if you didn't feel anything from the breakup but trust me whether he cares or not will be none of your business when you're done with him!!!
Just be safe about it and if you're worried about anything truly cut him out for life and tell anyone you can so you can at least be mentally safe about it!!
:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending