The Student Room Group
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland

UWS Midwifery 2018

I had my interview for midwifery at UWS today and would just like to know how everyone else's went? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hi Emma! Congrats on your interview! How did t go? I have one tomorrow and just wondering what to expect? What was the interview like? :-) well done hun!!! Hope you get yor place and me too :smile: x
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland
Reply 2
Original post by LaurenSmo
Hi Emma! Congrats on your interview! How did t go? I have one tomorrow and just wondering what to expect? What was the interview like? :-) well done hun!!! Hope you get yor place and me too :smile: x

Hi Lauren! Congrats on your interview too! I was a bit disappointed in mine, i felt like it could have gone better..

You get put into groups of approx 10 people and you each receive a photo and you need to discuss the 3 points on the photo :smile: Then they ask you a question and you have a 15 minute group discussion on this.

Hope this helps! Good Luck!!
Aw I bet you have done better than you think gal!
What were the pictures (I appreciate if you don’t wana say since you never new going in huni!)

I’m petrified cause I’m from Armadale and the weather forecast is vary for tomorrow and it’s a 40 mile trip as it is for me 🙈 did you take a passport pic?

Thanks so much for replying chick really appreciate that!

Xx
Reply 4
What were the pictures (I appreciate if you don’t wana say since you never new going in huni!)

I’m petrified cause I’m from Armadale and the weather forecast is vary for tomorrow and it’s a 40 mile trip as it is for me 🙈 did you take a passport pic?

Xx

I hope so! They were all completely different photos, there was one on breastfeeding, one on epidural, one on smoking during pregnancy, just things like that but i found it quite difficult to speak for 5 mins!

I will have my fingers crossed for you!! Yeah you need a passport pic and a form of ID

xx

Xx

sorry to jump in on this, but I also have the fear for getting there tomorrow in the weather! im from Galashiels and its about 80 miles ahhhh. so excited but nervous xx
Oh gosh Amy! Are you travelling by car Hun? What time is your interview? I’m at 10am so excited!

Emma Hun did they give you any idea of when you would hear?
I’m wondering how many people applied...got an interview...how many places there are! X x x
Reply 7
The lecturer said it would be quite soon, probably end of the week! She didn’t mention how many applicants there were but just under 300 interviews I think and only 83 places! So nerve wracking xx
Amy honey are you making it in? I’ve called campus and the security said it’s a shambles in Paisley and it’s worse through this way so he certainly wouldn’t advise it! Do you think they will reschedule our will we just be unsuccessful xxxxxxxx
Reply 9
Amy honey are you making it in? I’ve called campus and the security said it’s a shambles in Paisley and it’s worse through this way so he certainly wouldn’t advise it! Do you think they will reschedule our will we just be unsuccessful xxxxxxxx

Hey hun, just seen on the Facebook page that all campuses are closed, someone commented saying admissions team will be in touch with applicants to reschedule xxx

Hi sweetness ! I tried to get up but turned back after an hour. I think they will reschedule as it was the uni that shut !! I also have an interview for RGU tomorrow but can't imagine I'll get there either :frown: stupid snow!!! Xxxxxxx
Oh my gosh! Aberdeen will be worse my hubby is a lorry driver and he said the snow gates are shut in some areas! What’s this storm all about its crazy the suns still shining too!
I hope we meet when we are at our interview 😀😀 would be nice to meet someone I’ve chatted to before going!
I’ll let you all know when I hear about my interview being rescheduled 😀 I feel bad for the people already had their interviews and were told they’d find out in a couple of days because the wait will be a little longer now eh? X x x x x x z z
Oh my gosh! Aberdeen will be worse my hubby is a lorry driver and he said the snow gates are shut in some areas! What’s this storm all about its crazy the suns still shining too!
I hope we meet when we are at our interview 😀😀 would be nice to meet someone I’ve chatted to before going!
I’ll let you all know when I hear about my interview being rescheduled 😀 I feel bad for the people already had their interviews and were told they’d find out in a couple of days because the wait will be a little longer now eh? X x x x x x z z

Oh gosh hope your hubby is ok and not at work!!! Yeah I know, this storm is wild! I phoned RGU this morning and they said it's still on but if I can't make it I can reschedule as it's out with my control ! Omg yes me too, hope we bump into each other ! Oh gosh yeah, especially if the uni is shut !! Do you have Facebook or whatsapp? We could chat on that if you like !! Xxxxxxxx
Hi everyone! I had my interview on Monday and the wait is killing me! They told us we'd all know by Friday but I'm assuming everything will be postponed now. Have they rescheduled your interviews yet? Xxxx
Original post by Emilolly
Hi everyone! I had my interview on Monday and the wait is killing me! They told us we'd all know by Friday but I'm assuming everything will be postponed now. Have they rescheduled your interviews yet? Xxxx

Hi Hun! How did you think it went ? Feel good about it?? How exciting that you've had it though ! Yeah I can imagine it'll be a wee bit later now with the snow. Haven't heard anything about rescheduling yet ! Xxxxx
I feel really relieved that it's done, I had to fly in from Italy for it so I was so lucky I was on the monday and able to fly there and back before the snow! But not feeling that confident, everyone was so good and now I'm just thinking of all the things I should have said. Just got to wait and see now. How are you feeling about yours? I'm sure you just want to know when it is now! Good luck :smile: xxxx
Original post by amylouiseoliver
Hi Hun! How did you think it went ? Feel good about it?? How exciting that you've had it though ! Yeah I can imagine it'll be a wee bit later now with the snow. Haven't heard anything about rescheduling yet ! Xxxxx
Oh wow well done you honey! That’s fab! Fingers crossed you’ve been successful but yes the wait must be killer :frown:
Amy you can find me on Facebook huni I am Lo Mulligan 😀😀😀 x x x x x
Thanks! Good luck for yours 😊 I've come off facebook for lent but once I'm back I'll find you 😊 xxxxx
Oh wow well done you honey! That’s fab! Fingers crossed you’ve been successful but yes the wait must be killer :frown:
Amy you can find me on Facebook huni I am Lo Mulligan 😀😀😀 x x x x x
No worries chick I don’t know my WhatsApp username but my number is 07776352482 so think you can find me with that honey? X x x x
Hello again lovelies :-) did any of you apply to Napier also? Have you heard back? My friend who’s a second year student now said she wasn’t told till 17th March that she had an interview! Oooh the suspense 🙈 x. X x x

Quick Reply

Latest