The Student Room Group

University of Sheffield- looking for housemates

I'll be a MSc archaeology student at Sheffield starting Sept. 28. It looks like most landlords want groups of students rather than singles so that's what I'm looking for.

I love a really social house. This is very important to me, I love going out at night and studying together. I also like to have pregames at my house so hopefully I'll find others who like that too. I've always lived in groups of girls but I don't have a gender preference.

About me: I'm from the US, currently live in Seattle. I'm 23 and have a BA in history. I lived in Norway for a bit and speak Norwegian. I've been to the UK before but only for a week. Most of the time I'm quiet and I love to clean. I'll be moving with my cat as well. Her name is Sigga, she'll be almost a year old in September. She's friendly and always uses the litter box.

I'm looking for a place close to the university and the city center because I don't have a car. So places like Crookesmoor, Crooks, Broomhall, and the city center itself.

TSR keeps crashing when I try to upload a profile pic, but I can send you a link to my facebook so you can see I'm a real person. :smile:
Original post by Seattle_94
I'll be a MSc archaeology student at Sheffield starting Sept. 28. It looks like most landlords want groups of students rather than singles so that's what I'm looking for.

I love a really social house. This is very important to me, I love going out at night and studying together. I also like to have pregames at my house so hopefully I'll find others who like that too. I've always lived in groups of girls but I don't have a gender preference.

About me: I'm from the US, currently live in Seattle. I'm 23 and have a BA in history. I lived in Norway for a bit and speak Norwegian. I've been to the UK before but only for a week. Most of the time I'm quiet and I love to clean. I'll be moving with my cat as well. Her name is Sigga, she'll be almost a year old in September. She's friendly and always uses the litter box.

I'm looking for a place close to the university and the city center because I don't have a car. So places like Crookesmoor, Crooks, Broomhall, and the city center itself.

TSR keeps crashing when I try to upload a profile pic, but I can send you a link to my facebook so you can see I'm a real person. :smile:

Hi

I think you are doing the right thing by looking now. If you persist you could find other masters students and get a house together, that way you are all starting off on the same footing. Sheffield has a lot of student areas, especially round the uni.

There is one issue though and that is Sigga. I am a cat lover, but the automatic position by landlords is that they do not allow pets. You will need to get Landlords permission, some will point blank refuse whereas iothers you might stand a chance with if they know it will be well behaved and you agree to pay for any damage or extra cleaning.

Do not underestimate this issue. You also need to get past UK quarantine laws as well as they are strict. It may be if you find other people then most of the research has to be done by you as people might not stick with you if they have to turn down places because of Sigga. No university rental will allow a pet either. It can be done, just warning you now so you can get it sorted in advance. You need to be patient and persistent.

Quick Reply

Latest